My favorites from yesterday for C&C.

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All,

Spent Thursday wandering around Rockport, Mass. with the camera.
These are some of the ones I like best. Please let me know your thoughts. I have a new monitor which seems pretty good, but has not been calibrated yet, so let me know if things are really off. I also work in Linux so I do not use Photoshop. My workflow (what there is of it) involves mostly lens correction (if needed), slight cropping, some contrast adjustment, and unsharp mask. I shoot in "raw + jpeg" so I don't "need" to fart around with raw files unless I really hose some thing, but have the raw just incase I do.

Thanks for your time!

1. Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

2. Nikon 18-105mm (Kit Lens)

3. Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR1

4. Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR1

5. Nikon 50mm f/1.8

Thanks again!

Steve

Great shots! I love the second one.

Thanks!

On the second one, I can't decide myself if the sun reflection (blown out) balances the photo or distracts. In the size I posted here, I like it less than on larger versions where it seems less overwhelming.

Thanks again.

Steve
I also like the boats.

In your first shot, maybe try cropping the shot so the large rock and lines in the sand are the focal point.

Steve
I also like the boats.

In your first shot, maybe try cropping the shot so the large rock and lines in the sand are the focal point.

Agreed. I've bee thinking a square crop would be better myself. That kinda sealed it.

Most reactions

Back