My Film camera collection...so far.

everything seems to be in working order inside, other then the timer, thats stuck wound open now too, anyone know of a teardown/reassembly manual for this thing

After a look inside, (Konica Autoreflex T) i'm very willing to bet the original owner was a fan of photography at the beach, needs a cleaning so bad. some minor corosion and rust. so if anyone has any info or tips on a teardown and rebuild it would be greatly apretiated.

pics as promised

Konica1.jpg

Konica2.jpg

I was hopping the lenses would fit my other Minolta's oh well.

Thanks for looking

Open the back door, and carefully put a drop of 3-1 oil in the track for the shutter (top and bottom). That should work for an enmergency lube. I had to do that in the field, at nigh with my TLb...Oh you should have seen me on the side of the road trying to get my camera back up and running at two thirty in the morning. :lol:

it has the metal up and down one if that makes sence? and it did fire for me a couple of times, though.. I dont have oil available at the moment, but i cant seem to see where to oil. i can flip up the mirror (manualy) and see the arms that would do the lifting of the shutter, you mean that? thanks for the reply would be pretty awesome to get this camera up and running.
all i can find on a google search is a single photo of the camera half taken apart and a coment saying "all i had to do is put the spring back on the lever with some tweezers and it was working fine"

it has the metal up and down one if that makes sence? and it did fire for me a couple of times, though.. I dont have oil available at the moment, but i cant seem to see where to oil. i can flip up the mirror (manualy) and see the arms that would do the lifting of the shutter, you mean that? thanks for the reply would be pretty awesome to get this camera up and running.
all i can find on a google search is a single photo of the camera half taken apart and a coment saying "all i had to do is put the spring back on the lever with some tweezers and it was working fine"

You can get the 3-1 oil at any hardware store.

No, in the track (if it's a verticle travel shutter then it would be left and right). it's easiest to come in from the film side. If that does not work then lock up the mirror (if possible) and dab the linkage with the oil, but save that for a last resort.

Gimme a little wile to see if I have a shot of my EF's shutter, I'll show you where to get it.

I went into my girlfriends fathers shop and found some 3-in-1, i did oil as you said, and nothing still, the timers still wound open, and wont time down to trip as it should, so i dont knwo if thats stopping me from checking to see if it works. hmmmm

You originally said the shutter was jammed and I was advising on that......

I've never had a timer jam up though, I've no Idea what to advise on that....

Does the camra fire at all when you hit the shutter release?

yeah, nothing happends at all anymore when i hit the shutter release, so i was pretty well grabbing at anything i could, any ideas basicly, the film advance is stuck to, but i'm assuming because its still "waiting" for a shot to happen.

ok good new's (i think) i can force it to work, i remove the bottom plate, and i moved the film advanced lever and noticed theres a latch to hold it back so you cannot wind more then once, i have to move that latch with a screwdriver inbetween frames for advance the film, the timers back to where it should be, noe to track down why this lock is staying on all the time

Here are a couple photos of what I am talkin about, the first photo is just what it looks like inside the bottom of the camera, and the second photo is me holding back the slider that unlocks the film advanced, (hope it may help.) it should be doing this after every shot ugh....

konprob1.jpg

konprob2.jpg

thanks lending your advice/help Batou

On a good note my mom was at her boyfreinds place of work and noticed that there was a camera in a trashcan, and she grabbed it for me, i was so excited she went "dumpster diving" for my hobby, I went to her house right away to go get it, its a
Yashica 35 MF, Everything seemed to be working fine so i'm currently running a roll of film through it.

ps: another good note, my local wal-mart has a promo or overstock (I dont care what they call it) but they've been giving film away for a while now, i've gotten 35 rolls from them so far, so I have like 45 rolls of film on my shelf waiting to be shot (the film they give away is only kodac iso200, wich is fine, its free), so this is going to be an awesome summer with the cameras :p
edit: the guy just gives them to me by the box, and i guess he dident check, I opend one of the boxes and its full of iso400 black and white film...YAY!

pics of the Yashica 35 MF

6052_232649055270_575045270_7902122_6290302_n.jpg

6052_232649060270_575045270_7902123_7203735_n.jpg

the glass where the viewfinder was obviosly glued back in, wich looks kind of bad, but doesent affect the viewfinder.

Last edited:
I havn't been around in a while, and really missin the forums, but I did get a couple new ones today. another pentax spotmatic SP II (usualy not wanting to get doubles :p ) and a pentax ES II (black one, NEW condition...its sexy) and an assortment of lenses, teliconverter, extension tubes. all for $90 CAD. I will post pics either later tonight, or tomarow. cant wait to try the ES II

Photos of the cameras/lenses

5492_250973525270_575045270_8367944_1215906_n.jpg

the pentax spotmatic sp II, and ES II, and lenses. takumar 55mm f1.8 (one on each of the cameras), Bushnell 35mm f2.8, K-Mart Focal 135mm f2.8, a royal 2X teliconverter, and a set of extension tubes. there was also a roll of kodak iso100 in the bad too, i'm unsure if i want to use it or not.

5492_250973540270_575045270_8367945_983793_n.jpg

I'm pretty excited to be using the ES II at the moment, cant wait to see how the photos turn out.

Here's my SLR collection as of last month (I've added a couple more lenses since then). The pic is actually a Polaroid taken with my Wista 4x5.

cameras001.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back