My First 35mm SLR Camera ?

photoboybr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello I am 16 years old And I am Very interested In Photography so I would Like To Know what 35mm SLR Film Camera Do you Guys Recomend For a beginer that can spend Maximum $ 350 ?

I am sorry to ask but what are The differences between a manual and a Progammed ?

Manual, you do it all yourself - The camera may have a light-meter which will give you an indication of the required exposure, but you have to set the aperture and the shutter speed.

Program - the camera does it for you. Although most also enable manual use.

Then there's the question of manual focus or autofocus.

Fact is there's an almost infinite choice of 35mm SLR bodies available, most for much less than $350 if you buy used (and I strongly recommend buying used because of the saving).

Which One Do you recommend For a Begginer
The Nikon FM-10 35mm
Canon EOS Rebel T2 35mm Autofocus SLR
or do you reccomend Something else ?

What ever you get, make sure it uses AA batterys- if it uses batterys. Some of the older cameras take batterys that are not made anymore. You can get adapters or go with the wrong Voltages but then the meters are not as accurate.

If I were you, I would look at a Nikon N8008 or the 8008s. The 8008s is harder to find because it has a spot meter that the 8008 doesn't but both are tremendous cameras and use the Nikon lenses from the AI up to the AF-D (which are fairly inexpensive and plentiful).
You should be able to get a set up well under that price.
for instance (if one of your parents shops ebay)
here is what looks to be a steal.. http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-N8008-SLR...QQihZ005QQcategoryZ107925QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

good luck

mike

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I assume you picked the FM10 and the T2 because a store is selling them new? Well they would be ok, sure, but I really do recommend buying used instead - your options would be massively increased, and you could afford to buy a better made camera than either of those for even less.

The nikkormat is nice. A friend of mine loaned me his before I got a camera of my own. I would've bought one if I had a budget larger than $30.

Most reactions

Back