My first Albatross

MrGrimm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was on a hike today with the family and came across an Albatross nesting area. Initially walked by this GIANT egg sitting there and snapped a couple of pictures. Left the area and came back to see the momma walking up to her egg. I probably snapped more pictures than I ever have in the 2 minutes of sitting there waiting for the bird to lay on the egg. I was about 15-20 feet away the entire time. C+C welcome.

2007%2012%2022e.jpg

2007%2012%2022d.jpg

2007%2012%2022c.jpg

Wow. That really is an amazing bird.

It's tagged, though.

This was in a forest? Weird...I suppose they are endangered and being monitored...

Wow. That really is an amazing bird.

It's tagged, though.

This was in a forest? Weird...I suppose they are endangered and being monitored...

This was at the north-western most point of Oahu, Kaena Point. I didn't know it was there until we walked up to a roped off area. The ocean was about a hundred feet behind when I snapped the picture. Seriously, that egg is enormous. About the size a fist.

I'm so jealous of your location...lol

It's ok here, I have two and a half years left and then it is back to Southern California :mrgreen:. In the meantime, I plan to do everything that there is to do and see across all of the islands (Maui next summer, and Kauai or the Big Island early 2009).

Most reactions

Back