My First Assignment!

Xmetal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As most of you know i'm an Automotive Photographer and I received an email from one of the national Subaru WRX Car Clubs - they're holding a trackday at Wakefield Racing Circuit about 1-2 hours south east of Sydney and i've been asked to take photos for the club, My liasion tells me that i'll have full access to the pits, marshalling areas and race control areas....i'm really excited but really scared at the same time. :oops:

The head organiser suggested that I try and sell some of my prints and i'm unsure of how much and how exactly I would sell them? i.e. would I print the images myself and post them or is there alternative methods?

Either way it'll be a steeeeeeeeeep learning curve and as I type this i'm double checking my gear and making sure nothing is going to go horribly wrong on the day.

I can't help with the print side of things. All I can do is wish you luck and hope you have fun!

Oh, and do you know anyone with a push bike? It wouldn't hurt to practice your panning techniques. :mrgreen:

gonna pop this over to the general photography forum, you should get more photography related advice there

Ooooooh Congratulations! That's awesome!

I've got no idea either on the printing and selling side of things. Maybe you could print up some little versions of the pics and display them so people could see if they want to buy them - like what they do with wedding folders. Maybe blow up a nice one at good quality so the customers can see what they'll look like nice and big.

I'd just get them printed at a shop then - I, personally, wouldn't try printing them at home unless you're pretty confident. I'd be freaking out though about something going wrong... I'd rather just play it safe and go to the lab to print them.

Congrats again!

From a sales point of view, its always good to have a few items on hand for immediate sale.. There are those who express interest at the time of event but once the event is over they are forgotten... So its best to grab those while interested..

As Meysha said bring some prints as samples of your work to help generate some more orders and interest in your work..

Good Luck!!

-iSellJerseyShore

Bring business cards so that when people ask where will prints be made available you can direct them to your website and make sales.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back