Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
please share all your advice
thank you for looking

9360356417_31088ff7ed_b.jpg

9360356295_1559d45b27_b.jpg

9363132346_b23f010a64_b.jpg

I really like #2.. I would crop in a little off our right though.. her arm there looks odd. I'd like to see more with the hat.. looks fun!

I just gave this advise on another thread. Lol they are not bad but the one thing that needs improving is the composition. Next time try to use the rule of thirds and try different angles. Don't be afraid to lay on your back and shot upward at her. Take a knee....

Here is my Flickr if you would like to get some ideas of people shots. There not the greatest but basic composition is in order.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47096888@N06/

Hope that helps.

Not a bad first go. A few thoughts:
1. Slightly underexposed and your fill needed to be boosted by at least a full stop to better balance against ambient; you still have a pretty dull, bleah sky in the background, and add a little more diffusion; the specular highlights are a little strong for an image like this (and don't forget to level/straighten).

2. A little underexposed again; a reflector would have helped a lot here; I also think the crop could be improved. I'd like to see either more room on each side or much tighter, but the crops through the wrist and elvbow feel a little awkward to me.

3. I really like this one; this is the money shot of the set as posted!

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I just gave this advise on another thread. Lol they are not bad but the one thing that needs improving is the composition...
Fair comment. To a point. Bear in mind that the work in your Flickr is of a MUCH different style than that of the OP, and what works for your style, may not be appropriate for senior photography.

I just gave this advise on another thread. Lol they are not bad but the one thing that needs improving is the composition. Next time try to use the rule of thirds and try different angles. Don't be afraid to lay on your back and shot upward at her. Take a knee....

Here is my Flickr if you would like to get some ideas of people shots. There not the greatest but basic composition is in order.

Flickr: shayne_photos' Photostream

Hope that helps.

not following

this is my first Senior post
you must have me misaken

Flickr: shayne_photos' Photostream

Hope that helps.

Shaylou

I saw your Flickr images, quite stunning, great work! But which of those would you copy for a Senior Shoot, I couldn't find one.

Shaylou

I saw your Flickr images, quite stunning, great work! But which of those would you copy for a Senior Shoot, I couldn't find one.

There is a shot that is a young couple in a gazebo that I shot from the ground looking up. That's a start, you see my point was to try to concentrate on the composition and this will lead to a better image. It's not about copying as much as it is about looking at others work to stimulate your own imagination. I could probably point out 5 or 6 shots from there that I saw someone else do something similar and wanted to put my own twist on it. One thing you might check out is leading lines. They are great for adding interest to a photo. When i saw the shots by the fence the first thought was (i would of used the fence as leading lines). Like you, I am a student of photography and probably always will be. I am becoming fascinated with composition and now see why the pros always suggest studying it. I hope I have explained myself clearly. Good luck.

Shaylou

There is a shot that is a young couple in a gazebo that I shot from the ground looking up. That's a start, you see my point was to try to concentrate on the composition and this will lead to a better image. It's not about copying as much as it is about looking at others work to stimulate your own imagination. I could probably point out 5 or 6 shots from there that I saw someone else do something similar and wanted to put my own twist on it. One thing you might check out is leading lines. They are great for adding interest to a photo. When i saw the shots by the fence the first thought was (i would of used the fence as leading lines). Like you, I am a student of photography and probably always will be. I am becoming fascinated with composition and now see why the pros always suggest studying it. I hope I have explained myself clearly. Good luck.

yes - I do, than you for clarifying.
Your work is great by the way!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back