My first attempt at this type of photo...

Jon_Are

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...flowers, that is. C & C appreciated.

Thanks!

Jon

1/4000 sec.
f/1.8
50mm
ISO 400 (just because I forgot to change it :))

Last edited:
C'mon! I'm gettin' nothin' here! :mrgreen:

hehe, imo good compostion and the colours really jump out to the viewer. :)

Well thank you, Big; thank you, dwol.

I was beginning to think this was destined to be my last flower shot. :lol:

Jon

Well thank you, Big; thank you, dwol.

I was beginning to think this was destined to be my last flower shot. :lol:

Jon
Your welcome, makes me want to go out and shoot the lillies in my mom's garden if it ever stops raining!!!!:gah:

The composition and colors are great. The sharpness, however, leaves something to be desired and I think some of the highlights are blown. I think the DOF is a bit TOO shallow ... I would want the petal at the bottom of the main flower to be sharp, not OOF as it is here. This is a great start! Keep shooting!

Ian

Thanks, icassel. That was helpful.

The highlights were tough to rein in; there was a ray of bright sunlight on the flower, the background was in shade. The background is actually a redwood-colored fence.

As for DOF, I gotta agree. I was trying out my new 1.8 (at, of course, 1.8 :mrgreen:).

Jon

Awesome shot dont u hate it when u have to beg people to comment on your picture

:lol: You just made my day, Dan. Thanks!

Jon

The highlights were tough to rein in; there was a ray of bright sunlight on the flower, the background was in shade.
Perfect opportunity to slap your SB-600 on and set to TTL. I want to see some background.

maybe do something to soften the sunlight on the flower? seems awfully harshly lit. Not that i take great flower shots so i should really go away and be quite.

jerry

Most reactions

Back