My first c&c - be gentle :)

oxcart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Maybe someone can explain how I directly post a flickr pic. In the meantime, the link is below:

IMG_0073 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I recently got a 30D so this was taken on my first day of playing with it. C&C are welcome.

Last edited:
Be gentle? Sometimes it helps more effectively if we gave C+C on a direct approach. But I will try. Love the composition. Horizon line is a good spot and straight. The only negative thought about this photo is it seems pretty dark in the foreground. A flash would have helped here. Another suggestion would be to have composed this shot from as close to the ground as possible.

Still good. Keep going. ;)

Be gentle? Sometimes it helps more effectively if we gave C+C on a direct approach. But I will try. Love the composition. Horizon line is a good spot and straight. The only negative thought about this photo is it seems pretty dark in the foreground. A flash would have helped here. Another suggestion would be to have composed this shot from as close to the ground as possible.

This man speaks the truth.

No need to be gentle on this photo, It is good, with the exception of the foreground being too dark, Personally would have increased the temperature to make the image a bit warmer
it is simply unfortunate about the sky being overcast, this would look great at night I think, if you had a flash to light the foreground and use a long shutter to capture motion in the water and get a purple / orange sky.

As the others have said no need to be gentle with it. It's a great shot. The need for a brighter foreground has been pointed out. That's the only thing I see "wrong" with the picture. I love the mood of the sky in this shot.

Unfortunately that was as low as I could get without lying on my stomach. There was a bit of a height difference between the path I was walking on and the start of the pebbles.

I wasn't really very well prepared; it was an off the cuff shot - no flash or tripod with me. Next time I'm home I'll head down along the same stretch of road and see if I can improve on the first attempt.

As the others have said no need to be gentle with it. It's a great shot. The need for a brighter foreground has been pointed out. That's the only thing I see "wrong" with the picture. I love the mood of the sky in this shot.

One of the good things about Ireland. Constant bad weather = interesting clouds :)

i dont think much needs to be said other than what has already been posted. a quick note i would try if you do it again. bring a tripod and try a long exposure. i'd love to see some creamy water surrounding those rocks :D

other than that, i did notice something and its hard to be 100%, but you can take some test shots of a sky at f/22 or so to find out, but on the left of the picture where the water meets the sky there's a dark spot about an inch to the right. it appears at first glance to be a bit of dust on the sensor due to the shape and nothing else around it having shadows of any kind or it could also be something on the lens itself. :)

I was messing around today too, but it was starting to get dark. Clocks changed, forgot it would be dark an hour early. This was HDR'd but didn't work so well:

Untitled-1.jpg

Was expecting a lot more depth in the clouds... I bracketed and shot the pics 2 stops either way. That about right? Or should it be over a bigger range? It was really the clouds I was interested in; the foreground stuff isn't mindblowing. But the clouds were interesting. Pity it didn't come across better.

Most reactions

Back