My First C&C Post

Cass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a pic I took of my youngest son outside this evening. Any and all C&C appreciated. I played around with it a lil on Photoshop Elements 8. I wanted the snow in the background to be a little bit whiter/brighter but couldn't get it to work.

Thanks In Advance!

Original
DSC_0050.jpg

Edited
DSC_0050copy-1.jpg

Original was shot with these settings.
Untitled-1.jpg

You tightened the crop too much, and it cut off parts of his clothing.
Its been brightened to much and looks like an overpowering flash was used.
Plus it kind of looks like hes punching himself in the face, or eating his glove. I would have preferred seeing his whole face.

I like it bright and tight. I think your son is adorable too. I think you did a good job editing it, but I only know what I like, and not what is "right." :)

Thanks srinaldo86. When I cropped it I didn't mean to crop any of his clothes out. I am new at using PSE8. I was also trying to bring him in closer in the pic. As for the flash. It's the flash that comes on the camera. I haven't bought an external yet. Can I adjust how the flash works? He wasn't eating his glove but trying to eat the snow off his glove. HAHA He wanted me to take a pic of him eating it. Thanks so much for all your input. It's greatly appreciated. I am new to all of this and the only way to learn is to hear others' input. :wink:

I like it bright and tight. I think your son is adorable too. I think you did a good job editing it, but I only know what I like, and not what is "right." :)

Thanks Melissa. I am pretty partial to how cute he is. ;)

This is how I edited using only Windows Picture Viewer and MS Paint.
I widened the crop, kept the brightness about the same, adjusted the contrast and saturation some, and removed the branch from behind his head because its distracting. It is a somewhat smaller version but basically just for concept purposes.
2e5nqrp.jpg

(I am by no means a professional, I'm just trying to apply some things I've already learned from this website.) It is a cute photo, I used to eat the snow off my gloves too :lol:. Where in Virginia are you?

Also, I'm not sure about adjusting the internal flash... I know on my camera (Canon Rebel XS) I can NOT adjust it, so I rarely use the flash at all seeing as I don't have a fancy external one either.

This is how I edited using only Windows Picture Viewer and MS Paint.
I widened the crop, kept the brightness about the same, adjusted the contrast and saturation some, and removed the branch from behind his head because its distracting. It is a somewhat smaller version but basically just for concept purposes.
2e5nqrp.jpg

(I am by no means a professional, I'm just trying to apply some things I've already learned from this website.) It is a cute photo, I used to eat the snow off my gloves too :lol:. Where in Virginia are you?

Your edit on my photo is GREAT! Mind if I use it? I didn't even think to take out the branch in background. I was mostly just playing around with PSE8. I just installed it on pc today. Wow, I can't believe you got the photo to look that good with just WPV and Paint. You have a great talent in touch ups!

He loves to eat snow. HAHA

I am in Southwest Virginia. I am about an hr from Roanoke and 45 mins from the TN line. My sister lives in Richmond. :)

By all means, it's your photo! I've had a lot of practice at being a cheap skate and using the free software, so thank you!

I hear VA is due for more snow on Monday, so hopefully I can stay out of work and you and your son can have some more fun. :lol:

I like the playfulness of your son trying to eat snow off his glove. I think you over sharpened the image.

I like the playfulness of your son trying to eat snow off his glove. I think you over sharpened the image.

Thanks MrRamonG. With the sharpness I was trying to get the snow on his clothes to pop out a little more. I guess I over did it. Cause to me looks a little cartoonish. Thanks for your cc!

By all means, it's your photo! I've had a lot of practice at being a cheap skate and using the free software, so thank you!

I hear VA is due for more snow on Monday, so hopefully I can stay out of work and you and your son can have some more fun. :lol:

Yeah,we are due for more snow. I hope we don't get it though. I am ready for summer. HAHA My kids have been out of school almost 2 weeks. Only nice thing is when school is cancelled I don't have to go to work. :p

hey sorry this is irrealvent, but see the last pic with all the details, where did u find that? i cant find anywhere on my compueter where i can get info boxes like that for my photo! and it drive me mental!
Anywho awesome pic! super cute

hey sorry this is irrealvent, but see the last pic with all the details, where did u find that? i cant find anywhere on my compueter where i can get info boxes like that for my photo! and it drive me mental!
Anywho awesome pic! super cute

I right clicked on my pic. Then hit properties. It brings up a box. Hit the tab that says "details". Then it will show all your info for the pic you took. You would do this with each pic you wanted the info for. Hope that helps!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back