My first camera

Petraio Prime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My first real camera beyond piddly P&S stuff was a Canon Rebel G.

Anyone ever think about getting some old equipment to carry around without having to worry about it being lost or stolen?

I've carried many cheap-to-replace (but capable) cameras in my car over the
years. Currently, it's a beat up Nikkormat with 105/2.5.

In the past I've also carried Ricoh and "Vivitar" and other similar SLRs that
could be replaced for about $20.

My very first camera was a Brownie Starmite around Christmas 1961
followed by a Konica Auto S2 circa 1968 purchased in VietNam
followed by a Pentax Spotmatic circa 1969 purchased in Okinawa

The collection grew in numbers after this, but the cameras above are what started everything.

The Konica was stolen while in Okinawa, but a few years ago I purchased one on ebay as I had liked it so well.
The original Pentax Spotmatic I still have and it's still alive and well and had a roll of Tri-X put through it a few weeks ago.:D

Hmmm ... not sure ... I had a Brownie, I had a Polaroid Swinger, I had an Instamatic ... I don't remember which came first. I think it was an off-brand 620 box. My first and only 35mm camera was (and still is) my Minolta XD-11.

My first SLR was a Minolta XG-7 because it was about $100 cheaper than the XD-11 or the Nikon FE. The Canon AE 1 was shutter priority, so it wasn't even a consideration.

I bought an Instamatic when I was 10, a Polaroid when I was 14, and a Nikon F when I was 18. I've since become a camera packrat.

my first slr was a canon a1 that was my dads. My first digital was some semi-ok sony p&s.

My first camera was a minolta qtsi maxxum film slr. I miss that thing.:(
I recently scored a canon t2 on ebay, which is similar, and that has reignited my passion for film. I do carry it around, as it was only $40. :thumbup:

My first camera was a Polaroid. Then a 35mm Vivitar, which I used up until about 8 years ago. Then went through Various 'Digital' cameras...I think a cheap ol' Vivitar was my first digital. Then a Kodak, sony, HP photo smart (or some crap like that)Canon..Nikon CoolPix (which I love), then a Nikon D5000,.... I'm sticking with Nikon from here on out. <3

I do have to say...kinda miss Polaroids. LOL they were fun!

Aside from my Minolta HiMatic E, my first SLR was a Pentax Auto 110 with three primes, auto winder, and flash. Kept me happy for years.

I bought my first camera when I was 10 years old. It was an older, 1960's style plastic "box camera" that used 620 rollfilm,and made square images. It had a single shutter speed, a black plastic stick-up shutter release, knob film winding, with the old red-window system. I shot my first photos with it back in 1973.

My first "real" camera was a Kodak Pony 135-B 35mm, with a collapsible 51mm f/4.5 Kodak Anaston lens and adjustable scale focusing, with shutter speeds of B, 1/25,1/50,1/100,and 1/200. Knob advance, knob rewind, manually cocked shutter...no light meter...used the exposure guide inside the film boxes until I bought an old GE light meter, and then a Weston Master II meter. I bought that when I was 12 years old.

My first camera was also a plastic box camera - something like a Diana. It took 120, which I learned to develp in trays in the bathroom, then made contact prints. My first decent camera was a Zorki 4 with a 50 mm Jupiter 8 lens, which I got sometime around '67. Apart from having to wind on with a knob instead of a lever like the later, super-modern 4K, it was quite a good camera. I replaced it with a Leica M2 and 35 mm Summilux when I got my first paycheck (used Leicas were relatively cheap in those days).

Best,
Helen

My first camera was a minolta qtsi maxxum film slr.
I think that was probably the first SLR I used too. I still have it actually... LOL, it's in a bag next to my desk. I haven't used it in years...

It actually has a partial roll of film in it still... I don't know what it is other than it's ISO 400. From what I can tell, I think it's Kodak HD4-135-24-3H High Definition 400. All I can see through the window is "HD4 24 * 400" - That Kodak film is what comes up when I google that though.

...I wonder if it's worth getting some batteries for it and finishing the roll off, lol.

There's no telling what's on it, how old they are, and if it's even good... :lol:

hat camera was fun when I used it (before I really had any clue what I was doing), but I don't know if it would see any use at all these days...

It's basically a P&S SLR. No controls at all other that choosing which mode you want to use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back