My first camera

My first camera was a Hit:

hit.jpg

which I bought for $1 at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. It came with
one roll of film. But, I couldn't find anywhere that would process it so
it was a big disappointment. :(

My first camera was a Polaroid One Step that I got for my 14th B-day.
My first 35mm camera was a Chinon Genesis in 1988, and my first SLR was a Pentax ME super w/ an 80-200mm f/4.5 telephoto lens, And the camera collection has continued to grow ever since!:mrgreen:

My first camera was a Hit:

hit.jpg

which I bought for $1 at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. It came with
one roll of film. But, I couldn't find anywhere that would process it so
it was a big disappointment. :(

:thumbup::D Forgot all about that one. I got one at the local hobby shop when I was 12. No idea what ever happened to it.

Ricoh KR-5, still have it, I bought it new in 1980 for $99 at Fox Photo, and it's been through hell and back. Dropped it on the driveway, my buddy dropped it into a river, and it got soaked in a leaky plastic bag on the bottom of a boat, but still functions perfectly...

kr5hb0.jpg

My first camera was the same as MarkF48's -- a Brownie Starmite. Had a Polaroid Swinger during the 60s. Went through a series of 110 cameras up until my first SLR, which was a Canon AE-1, bought new in 1982 or so.

But my first real camera was a Canon FTbn, which I bought in 1984. That camera, along with the Canon F1's I bought later, were instrumental in teaching me photography. I gave my FTb to my brother, and sold my F-1s when I switched over to Nikon about 20 years ago, but more recently I've bought back an FTbn and a clean old Canon F-1 and now I enjoy both FD and Nikon systems. As well as my EOS film and digital . . . and my Bronica ETRSi . . . and my Pentax K-mount stuff . . . and -- oh never mind.

My first Camera was probably A Polaroid it seems right at least I recall the little strip like thing for the flash the you put in the top used like maybe four times then replaced it. Not sure what they were called or if it was even a Polaroid anymore but recall it was super cool.

My first SLR is much easier to remember it was a Minolta 7xi. It was a fantastic camera and one I want to own again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back