Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
watch_still-life.jpg

Photographed inside a light tent on black acrylic.

that's a nice product picture.

Tough shot. I think you did well. From a client standpoint: The colour should be very consistent. Not sure if the reflection is strong enough to be there. I am a firm believer in the hands being at 10:10. What are your thoughts?

Thanks guys. This is not a client shot, just a test shot really. I've never heard the rule about the hands being 10:10, but that seems like it would be cool. I know what you mean about the reflection however. A tweak of contrast will bring that out more.

I'm not sure why but I've seen many watch ads following 10:10 and the seconds needle at 6 'rule'.

10:10 shows off the label of the watch better. Plus I think it is visually pleasing. The second hand is a lot trickier. I say let it fall where it may. Of course if the client is paying big bucks it may be worth it to take the battery out and get everything perfect.

The 10 past 10 rule (or 10 to 2) helps the viewer to see the whole clock face, so if it were for a client i would recomend doing it, as it is standard now really.

I dont see any temperature difference at all.... however the only thing i would change (again if it were for a client) is the 'way around' the watch is.... at the moment its kinda upside down, which is a bit distracting for me.... having it tilt the other way would have worked better i think.

But overall a great product shot, with good lighting. :thumbup:

Thanks Arch. Since this is the watch I wear daily, I'm probably not going to reset it to 10:10, but I guess I could wait till 10:10 to try this again :p

Looks like you used a gold reflector. Open the info palette in pshop and read the vales on the left side of the shot and compare it to the right. I would try and keep that nice gun metal grey consistent through out the product.

10:10 rule is very true in a retail. If you look at a clock/watch at that time, picture a smile! If you have the seconds hand at the 6, then you get a Y for yes! hehe!

If it's to sell something, the name (face) should be clear and prominent. It's upside down in this one.....

Most reactions

Back