My first critique

Ghetto Panda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well Howdy all,

As said this is my first, i went into the city last night (Brisbane) and was fortunate enough to be allowed into city hall when it was closed from a very nice gentleman that works there. Anyway i could'nt be in there for really long so only could get a couple of quick shots. So i thought i would post one up. c&c please.
DSC_0020copycopy.jpg

This is a really nice picture, but is a little off center and unlevel. The leveling could be fixed in PS.
Cosmo

Ok here are my two thoughts...

Numero Uno... I definitely like the pic... it looks awesome. I would consider cropping out some of the roof though. I think the way the pic is symetric and how the chairs and isle are situated my attention should be drawn down the isle however that light is distracting from it. I would consider cropping it right above the lighting fixtures.

2... it has a yellowish tint to it. I don't know if that's bad or not but you might consider trying to remove that with Curves in Photoshop just to see the differences. For this pic it might work though... I'm on the fence with if I like it or not.

The lights and sense of depth though are awesome. Really nice pic.

good composition. wonder how did u shot this? wide angle or HDR. I never shot HDR, but i guess if you shot with HDR, you are able to ajust the exposure level from two different pics to make them match. for this picture, the top, middle, and bottom don't seem quite match. also, for the top part, since the light was centered on the top, it gets dark towards the edge.
just my 2 cents

It was shot wide angle i would have love too shot a few shots of the same picture but unfortunately i had to pretty much shoot and move on. The room was very dim not extremely well lit maybe that would explain the darkness towards the edges?

did you have it on the proper WB setting? looks like you left it on auto WB. but im sure it didnt cross your mind when you were told you only had a moment to take some pictures.

nice work tho. i agree with cropping some of the top. an inch or inch and a half off the top wouldnt be a bad idea. the leveling isnt too far off (that i notice). but definitely try to pull some of that red out from the chairs and carpet and tone out the yellow a bit. good work.

It was on auto WB to be honest i have'nt looked much into WB yet, maybe i need to start learning more about it. Thanks for the pointer:D .

Thats cool!:thumbup:
I like how it's not perfectly centered. It gives it a little something more.
I love the lighting. It's very soft and warm.:D

I like it a lot. The color balance has already been mentioned and so has cropping, but I would like to be specific about the crop.

I would do it almost a perfect square from the bottom up. I spent some time scrolling up and down on the forum using my browser to see how a crop would work. I would really consider loosing the light in the top of the image.

Great Shot!

Nice picture! Good exposure. Like the distortion from the wide angle lense.

Most reactions

Back