My first Few shots with my D60 SLR

smogsy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought as i've just joined i would post my first few shots with my first SLR that i have ever owned. i have a Nikon D60 with Kit Lens 18-55mm

just a few i like they have been edited in PS/Lightroom 2/Aperture 2

20090615163425_8002.jpg

20090610080537_the_flower_by_smogsy.jpg

20090610080454_the_drink_with_air_by_smogsy.jpg

20090610080423_i_ponder_by_smogsy.jpg

hope you like :mrgreen:

1. great focus and really nice colours

2. Over saturated and looks a little surreal on the plant but i like the leaves

3. never saw this one before, really nice and creative love the bubble in the glass

4. good use of lighting although the glasses are a little too dark

The kind of calibre of those pictures usually appear in photography magazines. I remember reading a lot of them from D60s. Amazing.

1) could move the subject more of center, use the rule of thirds [link]
2)agin with the thirds and you croped it a little too close to the top
3) interesting, white balance seems to be off and the glass is crooked
4)just a little too dark

i really like the idea of the third picture, but would redo it where the glass isn't slanted

1. Looks good----close your F stop to increase you depth of field. (part of the leaf is not focused)
2. I love over saturation. I don know why but i do. I would crop tighter on the flowers them selves. but I love the color.
3. Looks... well.. Idk. Its art. who knows. LoL Only thing I would do is work on the alignment. vertical lines go straight up and down. All lines are parallel to the border.
4. I love this type of shot. Close crop low key face shots. Only thing i would do is get a little wider shot getting the whole face. With the D60 I would line up the left focusing meter to be the main focusing meter and open the lens (f/stop) all the way.
You seem to have a good eye for art and a good eye to capture the emotion of art is more important that your ability to push a button.
Read my article for some advise on Photography.

How to Take A Great Photograph | eHow.com

Keep up the good work my friend.

Daniel Sach
Sachphotography Fine Art Photography The homepage of Daniel Sach and his photography Company

Most reactions

Back