My first Flickr photos C&C

I'll play. No. 1 is workable. No. 2 is disinteresting, and bland. Like eating a piece of bread with nothing on it. I would go down to the lake and shoot in the stand of trees at the bottom left, and find ways to incorporate both the trees and the lake.

Photo 1... The powerlines steal the photo. Get rid of the pole and the lines. The road is creating an unbalance in the photo. Move into the middle of the road, and shoot the stone tower. That thing is beautiful. You want to highlight that; make that, and the building in the background (if that is, indeed, the gatehouse) and accent the surroundings. What you've done is highlighted the surroundings and accented the tower. The photo has good depth of field, but it goes into a blown out sky. Your title is confusing. Where's the actual Gatehouse? I should be able to identify the gatehouse in the photo, without question. I cannot.

Your ISO is too low for that shot. Bump your ISO up a stop or two, pull your aperture down to f5-f8 and take your shot. In looking at your settings, you may want to set your WB to AUTO.

At the end of the day, this shot needs too much work to try to resuscitate. You'd be better served reshooting it. It'll be there tomorrow. ;) Hopefully the feedback helps. Sorry if it's too blunt.

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate the honesty it will only help me get better. :lol: This was my first time using this camera and I am very much a beginner I am looking forward to getting better and working on my skills though

Most reactions

Back