My first focus stacking attempt

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Focus Stacking by Michael Long, on Flickr

Lemme know what you guys think. It's my first rodeo, and the necklace is all kinds of dirty (I tried to clean it but failed). I'll be trying a few more here shortly, and will post them in this thread. Like I said, gimme some feedback folks!

I think that they look great really quite sharp from my phone screen [emoji106] great job

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

For the second image you need to soften the light more so it makes a nice gradient on the metal and not a hot spot, and you need a light shining on the crystals to get a nice sparkle

Thanks! Here's attempt number 3:

Focus Stacking by Michael Long, on Flickr

AllenC: You're right. I should have used an umbrella on my strobe instead of a grid, but I wasn't really thinking about getting the lighting right. I was more worried about the focus. Next time I'll make sure they're both on point.

Here's a slightly better composition of the above with INSANE DOF/bokeh. Nothing like a Hasselblad under the tree to make your loved ones smile! ;)

Give the gift of Hasselblad by Michael Long, on Flickr

On a more serious note, who the f*ck gives a Hasselblad as a gift? And can I be their friend?

Lit with a stripbox above the camera and a 30 degree gridded strobe fired at the tree.

Last edited:
Here's another necklace with a little different background. The bokeh from this lens (Hasselblad 150 3.2N) is SO COOL

Focus stacking by Michael Long, on Flickr

Focus stacked by Michael Long, on Flickr

This is the last I'll be posting in this thread for a while. I think you guys get that I understand focus stacking. lol

Thanks Dideraux. I really am trying with this stuff.

Here's another. A great example of what my macro lens is capable of.

Nicca IIIa by Michael Long, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back