My first HDR attempt

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I tried this with Photomatix and really do not like the results. I only got two shots and was not even meaning to make this an HDR photo, so this is not a good example for my first HDR...just happened to have two different shots with different lighting that I could try out:

GeneratedHDR-Tonemapped.jpg

only using two shots wouldn't really give you a high enough dynamic range for this to work as a HDR image....... but the effect is quite interesting still, nothing wrong with a bit of experimenting. ;)

It's not quite the same as HDR, but you can use two shots and then use a layer mask to blend the two.

Excellent attempt Mommy. Turned out pretty cool.

Im gonna give this a go this weekend.

From the point of view of someone who only hears about HDR and sees the results achieved by others here I must begin to say: Congrats on TRYING! I am still in the planning-only-stage of trying ... but haven't ever done anything to REALLY try!

And then I must say that even though it looks a bit ... different from - let's say KenCo's - HDRs, it still is quite an intriguing picture. One that makes me think whether I shouldn't try to get out of my pre-trying stage at last!?!?

THanks all. I agree totally that 2 shots is not HDR affective, but I was not planning on trying the HDR when I took the photos lol. I just wanted to play around with Photomatix. I plan on taking some real shots for HDR while I am on the beaches of Florida next week! Wish me luck!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back