My first HDR's C&C

Dionysus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
all these are sandwiched together w/ 3 photos at interval spacing of 2. Not bad for my first set I think..but i could be wrong LOL

Stream_and_Rocks_HDR_by_sideways_8.jpg

Small_Bridge_and_Stream_HDR_by_sideways_8.jpg

Tree_and_Bench_HDR_by_sideways_8.jpg

Fenceline_HDR_by_sideways_8.jpg

Treeline_HDR_by_sideways_8.jpg

Last edited:
wow the first one is great. Did you use photomatix?

Wow, nice 4 and 5 are my favorites, I really like the water in #1, I will have to fin a good river and try that look, I see it and it makes me wanna go out and do some myself.

Nice. I like the first one the best as well.

they all look nice. I think there was an alignment issue in number 2? Aside from that, they look realistic.

Nick

alignment issue ? do you mean, because some of it seems fuzzy?

The table looks like it is not well aligned in #2. I had an HDR come out similarly to that, and I changed the option that Photomatix used to align the pictures to 'align features' instead of the default, which looks more at the entire frame i think, and it worked much better.

it's set to align features on mine too..maybe ill give it a second chance to realign.

i think they all look pretty good, especially considering it was your first attempt.

it is just me though, or do a lot of hdr's look like they're slightly out of focus?

1 is amazing, 2 and 3 look dull and out of focus, but 4 and 5 are very cool looking as well

these are some beautiful HDRS. I've only done limited hdr work in the past but I'm really wanting to try some more. The weather here in oklahoma is finally lending it's self to some great natural lighting and I think it's about that time. I agree 2 and 3 look slightly out of focus, more than likely just issues with the alignment. Number two is still a beautiul image none the less. Good work, expecially for your first round at HDR. Keep up the good work.

i see number 2 as just ever so slightly oof as well, but number 3 i think is because it was foggy, and the fog sort of made it look that way, because i was at the smallest aperture, and focused dead on when i took it. If i sharpened it anymore the pic was going to get crazy noisy, so i made the decision to just leave it alone..sort of liked the oof look on that one.

Wow !!!! the first photo,cool...

Most reactions

Back