My first image post

aerialview

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys (and gals)! Here's my first post...EGGS. Definately a fun subject:Joker:

shot on tri-x printed on ilford RC. Lemme know what you think!

eggs.jpg

well thay are eggs lol is that a small hand digital or a film cam ? i think with a nice zoom lens that would have turned out a lot better but it has a nice vintage look to it

Hi aerialview, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Thanks for introducing yourself with a photo here. If you want to tell us more about yourself, there also is an Introduction Forum a bit further down :).

So eggs was your subject?
Somehow I was expecting an aerial view ... can't quite nail, why ;) ;) ;).
Interesting lighting.
Any reason why there is no focus?

And CanonMan, I'm sure this was film, he/she says "printed on Ilford RC".
While I am clueless as to the meaning of the RC, printed suggests "paper" to me and Ilford is a brand name of black and white films and photo paper.

Interesting shot. Welcome to the forum!!!!

pretty cool. i like the blown spots, shadows and the fact nothing's in focus ;) works well here. i'll head to the refrig later and see what possibilities exist. :)

welcome to TPF!

I like it, too. The blurred focus allows it to be more about shape and shadow than about eggs, although it's still obvious that's what they are.

mmm, Tri-X. :)

ahhh aerial, finally you got on here! if someone helped you get on here, i bet he was reaaaaally cool. :D

looking forward to seeing more of your newer stuff, especially the portraits!

oh, and welcome to TPF ;)

LaFoto said:
And CanonMan, I'm sure this was film, he/she says "printed on Ilford RC".
While I am clueless as to the meaning of the RC, printed suggests "paper" to me and Ilford is a brand name of black and white films and photo paper.

RC = resin-coated paper (I remember the old days, back when I first took up photography, when there was almost a holy war between proponents and detractors of RC papers.)

And, yes, it was film. The "shot on tri-x" should have been a dead giveaway. Once again, maybe people don't remember this anymore, but Tri-X was (is?) Kodak's high-speed B&W film, and probably the most common stock for those wanting to shoot in B&W.

What I'm curious about is the pink cast to the shot, since Tri-X isn't color. Was it printed to color RC paper using filtration? Or was the cast added digitally after the image was scanned?

Very nice abstract style image that has good light/shadow play. Very nice.

I'm thinking...something from the future OR an unusual and unknown selection from the Chinese buffet.

Tuna

Thanks so much for the welcome everyone! I can already tell this is site is going to be addicting.

What I'm curious about is the pink cast to the shot, since Tri-X isn't color. Was it printed to color RC paper using filtration? Or was the cast added digitally after the image was scanned?[/QUOTE]

My scanner automatically did that but i think it helps add to the old look of the photo.

ohhh yes, it's quite addicting! :)

scanners often put color casts on images. alot of flatbeds put warm casts on the images, so that may be how it ended up with a slight pinkish tone. I think it works well for the feel of the image too, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back