My first Landscape pics (at night)

F15 or F25, at night probably won't be much different, except the F25 is going to require a longer shutter speed to compensate. Which this also reminds me, I need to pull out my pinhole lens......haven't used that for years.

I was just mentioning the lower f-stop number because computer-generated mentioned getting a lens with a low f-stop......these lens tend to be sharper.

However, if you are into landscape photos (which seems you have a knack for it) then look into a nice wide-angle lens...something that all the more could help you obtain that perfect shot.

I would not push it up over F16 too much, you willl not be getting sharp images past that.

Thanks for that, SpeedTrap.

I tried the bulb, and no, it didn't stop at 30sec. tried for 63 sec and it went just fine. Another thing, I've got the 'noise reduction on slow shutter speeds' function enabled - is it better to deal with things like that in post?

I've been looking at some lenses, mainly the sigma 10-20mm. however, I've noticed that it's not a huge step up (e-bay wise) to say nikkor 12-24mm f2.8. Any suggestions?

Most reactions

Back