My first legit photoshoot--The final Product is here!

From a composition standpoint, I think you did really well.

Couple things I would like to see that already have been touched on...

Exposure needs to be a touch higher to make the face brighter. Her eyes are really dark in most of them and any good portrait photographer will tell you, focus on the eyes. If you nail your exposure and focus on the eyes, your almost guaranteed a good portrait. Like a couple of the examples have shown, these minor problems are totally fixable in post processing.

Her head smack dab in the center of a couple of the photos is also a little bland and boring. The ones where you used more creative composition and cropping look MUCHO better.

Color looks good as does your use of DOF.

For a first attempt, Id say you did very well!! :thumbup:

Thanks all! I'm gonna try and touch on all the things you said

I do need a good flash! The eyes are a little darker than i had wanted, but i didnt have much that could change that.

Her chest wasnt hidden on purpose. That was never an issue or thought in the composition and posing, so it had no affect, and is not in the photos for no particular reason.

Her shirt is in fact white..

i'm sorry, but i dont like those two edits. The first one looks as if she is 'plasticky' or fake-ish, and the second one is too soft. Sure, postprocessing on portraits is supposed to make the skin perfect, but i hate that. Its too fake.

She was not smiling really, because of her braces. I tried to elicit a genuine smile, but she kept it hidden due to the braces, and told me so afterwards.

and thank you again for all your help! She is very pleased with them.

j0dx6p.jpg

kind of hard to really edit since I had such a small file.
Did you add a vignette? I'd take that off, because it is making her shirt look blue.

Look good to me for a first shoot. My only problem is the braces. They really stand out in #6 and #8.

Most reactions

Back