My first Macro attempt

mackaveli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ideo.co.uk
2005_0203macro_10010.jpg

well i just got a new cam, fuji s20 n thought id test out the macro feature. just a quick post to see what you all think... first attempt be kind lol

This is one of the worst photos I've ever seen. I hope you're ashamed of yourself!

Haha just kidding bro, nice pic. You should post those other ones up as well.

a lot of details :) how big is the plant you photographed?

Like it - a little bleached out at the top but hey - that's digital! Try a more subdued light and a ring-flash.

All in all - a damn sight better than my first few efforts!

Ouch!
Spikey!
Erm, Spike (you got anything to do with this cactus? No? Ah well... you name...), what is a "ring-flash"?
And Mal and Mackaveli - do you know each other, what with you coming from York, both of you?

I liked it a lot specially the paterns. If you take little care of light and do a reshoot, it can be amazing

yeah a re shoot i thnk ill try it? how could i better handle the light? its rite next to my window so the light is all natural!! And yeah me n mal do no each other we went to school together.

I reckon the way to go light-wise would be to see if you can dim it a little bit, and make it more directional. For example, move it further from the window, take the shot at a different time of day, or consider using a normal desk lamp to get the light you want (make sure you adjust the white balance for a tungsten bulb though). Basically you want to be aiming to get a bit more shadow so that the texture is brought out a bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back