My first maternity session

bellacat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildroseportraitphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today I had my first session with this mom to be. We are working on a special series and this is just the first round. She didn't want any showing her face in this first set because those she wants with hubby and son.

These are my first photos taken with my new niffty 50 :) C&C welcome please

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

IMG_2454-c.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2432.jpg

I like 1 and 4. the others are not all that flattering.

I love the colors and I especially like #3.

Just in my opinion, one thing I try not to do is photograph maternity shots straight on - I'm not sure why, but it's harder sometimes to tell they're preggers and may look a little unflattering.

I'm no expert, so please don't take offense :) Just my .02.

I really like your ideas!

Love them. Number 2 really stands out to me.

I like 1 and 4, No Offense but 3 and 5 look like my FIL's belly. Not to be mean but I couldn't really tell she was Prego. maybe save those shots for further along or goa different angle. I really like #1 the best! Great Ideas!

I think the fact that her bellybutton hasnt popped yet makes the frontal shots look more like just a big belly instead of a pregnant belly. How far along was she? I do like your ideas though, especially with the letter blocks. I saw that somewhere else recently and I can't wait for the chance to do that myself someday.

I think you did a really great job!! You're exposres are really good and I like the idea of these shots. The only one I'm not crazy about is the last one because she kinda just looks fat. (But that's not your issue!)

BTW, isnt that lens great? :wink:

I love the colors and I especially like #3.

Just in my opinion, one thing I try not to do is photograph maternity shots straight on - I'm not sure why, but it's harder sometimes to tell they're preggers and may look a little unflattering.

I'm no expert, so please don't take offense :) Just my .02.

I really like your ideas!
No offense taken :) I noticed that too when taking shots straight on. I gotta learn somewhere so now i know what not to do ;)

I like 1 and 4, No Offense but 3 and 5 look like my FIL's belly. Not to be mean but I couldn't really tell she was Prego. maybe save those shots for further along or goa different angle. I really like #1 the best! Great Ideas!
no offense taken. I like the ideas but she really hasn't popped yet so we are going to give these another go next month. #1 is my favorite too

I think the fact that her bellybutton hasnt popped yet makes the frontal shots look more like just a big belly instead of a pregnant belly. How far along was she? I do like your ideas though, especially with the letter blocks. I saw that somewhere else recently and I can't wait for the chance to do that myself someday.
did you know not all belly buttons pop? I only popped with my 3rd child. I had no idea :sillysmi: I really appreciate the feedback and we are going to reshoot when she is further along. The blocks were more fun then I had expected.

I like them! I think you did a great job. I really love #2, the selective color works! :thumbup:
thanks :) Personally I am not a huge fan of selective color but after I showed this one to mom she wanted to see how it would look so I showed her a modified selective color by keeping a hint of color in the photo but still making the blocks pop.

did you know not all belly buttons pop? I only popped with my 3rd child. I had no idea :sillysmi: I really appreciate the feedback and we are going to reshoot when she is further along. The blocks were more fun then I had expected.

I certainly didn't know that! I just always assumed. :) Thanks for setting me straight (no sarcasm, I really mean that). Can't wait to see the next set you take.

I think you did a really great job!! You're exposres are really good and I like the idea of these shots. The only one I'm not crazy about is the last one because she kinda just looks fat. (But that's not your issue!)

BTW, isnt that lens great? :wink:
thanks :) and yes i love my new lens...Best money spent so far this year :wink: I got the f/1.8 but am excited now to upgrade to the f/1.4

Most reactions

Back