My first name is in spanish, odd to name business after?

awill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! I am originally from Mexico but am a United States resident, my hubby is American so my legal name is Alejandra Williams, is my first name too odd to name my business after? I do know that americans usually have a hard time pronouncing it, which is why when asked my name, I just say my nickname, Alex. What do you guys think? I personally love my first name, but want to make it easy for everyone, should I go ahead and look for a different name to name my business after or go with (my personal favorite) First Last name Photography?

Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Go with what you want. Alejandra is not that hard of a name to pronounce to anyone with even the most basic Spanish skills.

Plus if you use Alex Williams, most people will assume you're a man.

You would be surprised! :) thank you for responding!!

I have a pretty basic understanding (4 years of high school classes) of Spanish, and know exactly how to say your name. Use it, it's a good one! :)

Oh how sad haha my family has been calling me that forever :( but yes I agree

I think it could be an advantage. There are plenty of Alex's, but not a ton of Alejandra's. So your business name would be more unique and recognizable.

P.S. I can count the Spanish words I know on my fingers and I know how to pronounce your name. ;) I don't think pronunciation will be a big issue.

Thank you guys for your responses! I really appreciate your pov! :)

Most reactions

Back