My first Night Cityscape Attemt!

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been a while since I posted on this side of the forum. I took this picture of St. Louis on the side of an on ramp of 55 from inside of my car. I had to use my window as a make shift tripod, which made me nervous with cars wizzing by. Anyway, I would like to know if this work compositionally wise, and any other technical aspects thay anybody may think of. Thanks for looking.

Picture-353.jpg

i like everything about it. i just wish it was a bit more sharp.:grumpy:

The starburst is great. I really like the composition. I think it's a little underexposed though. Has this been photoshopped?

Agree with Craw, looks a tad underexposed. I think the billboard and close light were always going to blow out madly if the rest was exposed properly.

The moon actually distracts me in this shot. It seems quite unnatural IMHO.

Has not been through photoshope yet...except the frame.

i like how you go the moon in there. nice starburst, although it takes a bit away from what you are trying to capture (that arch).

I think this shot has a lot of potential however the picture could be sharper and the compositino seems a bit cramped. I would love to see this shot with the moon on the left and the arch more to the right and a smaller starburst. UNfortunatly we cannot control the moon so that part of the shot would be a timing thing, Overall though its a decent shot but it could be so much more. I would also suggest a slower shutter speed to brighten it up and then photoshop the overexposed billboard.

Most reactions

Back