My first "non-family" set....

misstwinklytoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a blast with these Homecoming pics and I learned a lot (by all the pics I threw out), but these are what I came up with. The client was very happy, but as always C&C is welcome.
Katie Homecoming 2010 by jenangeljen, on Flickr
1/180 3.2
ISO 200

1/180 3.5
ISO 100

1/200 5.6
Flash ISO 100
1/500 3.2
ISO 200

1/60 3.5
ISO 100

Last edited:
Portrait work isn't my area at all, but I was curious so I followed the flickr links and its strange because the shots on the flickr account look a hair sharper than the ones in the thread here.
It's strange because normally flickr never has any problems at all and even when resizing it normally preserves a good degree of the sharpness of a shot. Unless my eyes are going daft something odd is happening to the images you've embedded here on the site.

I think they are missed focus also. You can really tell on the fence/boardwalk one, but other then that I think they look really nice. Lighting is good, exposure, composition

I think the only one that is soft or missed focus is the last one. The others look pretty good on my computer. I resized before putting on Flickr, but yeah, I thought they looked oddly ... smooth or something too. There were a few where I had camera shake. The wind was also nuts out there by the water yesterday. :D

Still working on getting that focus just right everytime. I admire those of you who do.

And I didn't say I charged for these. I just said she was non-family.

I think the only one that is soft or missed focus is the last one. The others look pretty good on my computer. I resized before putting on Flickr, but yeah, I thought they looked oddly ... smooth or something too. There were a few where I had camera shake. The wind was also nuts out there by the water yesterday. :D

Still working on getting that focus just right everytime. I admire those of you who do.

And I didn't say I charged for these. I just said she was non-family.

What shutter speed were you shooting at?

some of them were as low as 1/60, but I'm pretty sure that's as low as I got and most of them were near 1/125 or higher.

What were these shot with and the settings. They seem to be similar to mine that I couldnt nail that focus because of the wide open aperature. You do have some nice shots on flickr.

These are the already size reduced files here.... if that makes a difference?

what was your f stop? I think from now on I'm going to try to go higher and shoot around 4/5.6 and see if that helps with my focus.

Most of these were done about 3.5 or 4.... maybe I should have raised it one.

some of them were as low as 1/60, but I'm pretty sure that's as low as I got and most of them were near 1/125 or higher.

Were you shooting in manual? If you're getting shots as low as 1/60, and then near 1/125 I'm thinking you can afford to go higher...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back