My first paid shoot...and with a big challenge! C&C please!

kylehess10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kylehessphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had my first paid shoot last weekend. Only problem: It was the 1st birthday for a young boy who fell flat on cement the day before his party. His face was all scraped up. His mother asked if I could fix it in any way. The first 2 shots I posted here show a before and after of my editing. The rest are just a few others from the party. C&C welcome!

Equipment used:

Nikon D90
50mm f/1.8
SB 600 pointed straight up

Editing done in GIMP

b3tlhu.jpg

15rk1o4.jpg

71lpg4.jpg

17r9y9.jpg

9u6bgg.jpg

2z68s4l.jpg

vz7vco.jpg

Good editing but i feel that the vibrance may causing the white to burn out slightly especially on the first photo as its caused the table and plate to become a painful sight. The actual lad looks brilliant though better than some of the editing jobs i've seen. I'm sure the mother will be more than happy with these, well done and keep it up :)

I think you did a good job at cleaning them up. Apparently the nose is the biggest challenge... You did the eye really well!

Sorry that I can't give you any advice how to fix the nose. First 2 shots are the best.

Poor little guy.

Wow, you did a really really good job on cleaning it up!
Kudos!

Firstly.. ouch the poor baby.

Secondly, that is soem amazing touching up. I would never have been able to tell it was touched up if you hadn't showed me the original.

It's a pretty good cleanup but the eyes are too symmetrical which tells me you likely copy and pasted (and inverted) the right eye onto the left eye. I'm not sure what else you could have done, it's a valiant effort for sure.

I also agree the shots, composition wise, could use a little improvement. But not bad for a first outing. The most important question is, is the client happy? If so, you did good.

Amazing cleanups. The eye is unreal. Great job.

Great job on the edit! However, i cant get my head around why the parents would want to cover up something natural.. for memories sake. I mean i know it might not be a good memory but that's exactly how he looked on his 1st birthday..maybe its just me but that's something i would like to remember regardless of how dramatic it is.

Anyway, well done again :)

Peace.

The edited ones are very nice. Good job on those! As for the unedited ones that u did fix...i would include them on a cd for the parents for keep sake as to what he looked like on that day as well as the edited ones.

Most reactions

Back