My first photo here

Kendall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I am ready! All comments will be welcome ;)
386749715_28da6f6cfb.jpg

High Key or burnt?:mrgreen:

Face is to washed out, no detail
Cropped to tight
What were you looking to show here?

Oops, sorry if i was in the wrong forum, I was looking for critiques ... isn't here?

This may be moved due to the unspecificity of the critique you are looking for, but in any case :)
Honestly, the tighter crop doesn't bother me at all, actually, I think it really pulls this image together. It draws the viewer to engage in his eyes.
Regarding whether it is high key or burnt, I would probably lean towards burnt out. If you converted this from colour, I am certain you actually have some detail there that can be easily pulled back into the image. Usually high key does not refer to necessarily 'blown' areas of white but instead an overall lighter tonal range. (That definition is open to debate of course)

The conversion (assuming it is a conversion and not shot on BW film) is very rich in contrast - I would only recommend leaving some more detail on the right side of his face.

Welcome to TPF :D

I don't mind the crop either. I think it makes you focus on the eyes. I do think it's a little bright around the cheeks and nose area.

I love the eyes-- sharp and full of detail. Great job!

That's a great photo. The child looks so happy and I love the way the crop draws me into his eyes which have some nice reflections in them. It would be nice to fix the small amount of wash out on the cheek, but even with that it's still a great photo. I can't help smiling when I look at it.

Joe

i like it. definitely matches today's portrait "wants". Clear eyes ! and the washed out face isn't that bad. I actually know a lot of photographers whose look is washed out photo's.
very nice job.

i think the background is a little distractiong the white thing in the back especially, but the eyes are nice :) and i dont mind the tight crop. i like the reflection in the eyes. Nice

Most reactions

New Topics

Back