My First Photo of a Stranger

Looks very natural, and I like the light. I think a warmer white balance would improve this shot, and I feel that the color in the scarf is too intese, but it's an easy fix with an adjustment layer and a layer mask in photoshop.

I don't have PS, just Lightroom. I think I bumped the Saturation a bit, I could tone it down.
For only $10 a month, photoshop is a worthy and affordable investment for a photographer in my opinion.

Looks very natural, and I like the light. I think a warmer white balance would improve this shot, and I feel that the color in the scarf is too intese, but it's an easy fix with an adjustment layer and a layer mask in photoshop.

I don't have PS, just Lightroom. I think I bumped the Saturation a bit, I could tone it down.
For only $10 a month, photoshop is a worthy and affordable investment for a photographer in my opinion.

I know, and I think at a certain point I will end up there, but I have so much to learn about photography, including post-processing, that I really don't feel the need to add to my list of things to learn. Yet. For the same reason that I'm not trying to buy (or even borrow) a bunch of new lenses, or other gear. I know it will open up my options, but I need to learn how to get good at what I already have.

I know, and I think at a certain point I will end up there, but I have so much to learn about photography, including post-processing, that I really don't feel the need to add to my list of things to learn. Yet. For the same reason that I'm not trying to buy (or even borrow) a bunch of new lenses, or other gear. I know it will open up my options, but I need to learn how to get good at what I already have.
Do what works for you. In my experience learning how to retouch a photo taught me a lot about how to identify good lighting (good retouching follows the concept of contouring, and contouring is a makeup technique meant to mimic impeccable lighting). You may find that learning more aspects of this craft will speed up the progression of your learning.

BTW thanks for mentioning "Everybody Street". Watching now:)

BTW thanks for mentioning "Everybody Street". Watching now:)
Its fantastic, right? Kind of gives you a feeling of nostalgia for the culture of the 60s-70s in the Village.

good strategy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back