My First photo

williamJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been lurking around the forum for about a week now after I bought my first DSLR. I have the Nikon D40 with an SB600 speedlight that I just purchased. I would like to get some feedback on my first picture that I have taken and please be critical with everything I post. Anyways its a picture of my soon to be wife which is btw pregnant with our very first child and is due in 4 day!
pls leave feedback
jessica.jpg

Welcome to forum and congrats on the new family. I like the shot, the exposure seems right to me (keep in mind that I'm a noob) and she looks remarkably happy for someone who is so close to the end of the long nine months. I did not photograph well at that stage of the game! Overall I like it.

To echo GA_shooter, a nice pleasant picture of a lovely woman. IMO, the exposure is quite close but could possibly use a little lightening and brightening to get the most out of it. I would also suggest cropping it to 4 x5 which I think is generally a better aspect ratio for people shots, will prevent cutting her hand in half and will save you money if you want to frame any.

Congratulations and good luck. Children are the best thing one can do.

Lew
jessicacm4.jpg

Very nice portrait; I would personally like to see it with a tad more brightness. But that is only my personal opinion...

Nice work!

To echo GA_shooter, a nice pleasant picture of a lovely woman. IMO, the exposure is quite close but could possibly use a little lightening and brightening to get the most out of it. I would also suggest cropping it to 4 x5 which I think is generally a better aspect ratio for people shots, will prevent cutting her hand in half and will save you money if you want to frame any.

Congratulations and good luck. Children are the best thing one can do.

Lew
jessicacm4.jpg

thanks I took you folks advice and edited it Im am very pleased with the outcome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back