My first photos C&C Please

CyclonePWR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got a canon XSI, here are some of my first pics. "Midwest SKY".:thumbup::thumbdown:

I have one more question if some one can help me. I got a 8gb sandisk extreme 3, do you think its not necessary for a canon XSI. Because I can still return it and get an Ultra 2 for way less. Best buy has 8 gb ultra 2 for 25$.

I do plan to shoot sports and car at a track so I might want to take 10-15 pic in a row, say as a car goes around a corner.

Anyone ??? Thanks for the help.

IMG_0028_1.jpg

2. deleted

Planefromdeck.jpg

purplesky.jpg

Last edited:
helps if you number the pics i like the very bottom one the first one needs the branch on the bottom cropped out of it and the two middle ones just do nothing for me....the 3rd one once again has an annoying somethign right there in front sometimes it works just doesnt here

Ok thanks, I numbered them. Yeah on that 3rd one, I was not trying to get that white wood frame thing in there is just happen. I was trying to get the jet and the tree before it went by and trying to figure out how to use the camera still kind of all in a panic. :lol:

Last edited:
The last one totally caught my eye, because of the color. Nice shot. The first one, the branch takes it all away, other than that I like it. The second one is, I think, a little out of focus. And the third one, whatever that is in the bottom corner is just like the branch, totally took away from the picture. Nice first shots though.

Cool thanks, I'll try to pay attention to those things next time.

On the last one I used color saturation on my camera and bumped up the contrast to black out the houses and tree. You think that was a good Idea?

Is there a way to photoshop that branch on the first one out, I guess no big deal b.c I'll just take more pictures.

Last edited:
You're doing great for first shots, I would, however, recommend finding a point of focus for your photos.

Good work, dude.

You're doing great for first shots, I would, however, recommend finding a point of focus for your photos.

Good work, dude.

That's a good point I guess I dont seem to focus on anything particular. I guess I was just trying to get the sky. I was more concentrated on getting the exposure right than composition of the photo. On the first one I should have focused on the house and on 3 and 4 on the tree in the middle.

Thanks for the advice.

My favorite was the 3rd shot. I really like the composition and contrast between the open sky and the boxed in frame...

Two quick suggestions...
#1. Get a circular polarizer filter. This will help bring out the natural colors, especially with sky shots.
#2. Be mindfull of distractors when composing your shots. Try to keep the trees and limbs out of the way.
Good start.

Cool anymore ideas?

Can anyone answer my memory card question?

Idk it shouldn't really matter right now with your card. The transcend cards are actually really good and cheap! I have a 16gb for 32 on amazon. Great little card and a huge amount of memory more than you could ask for. If you're fine with your card now though no need to replace and do you have a card reader?

Idk it shouldn't really matter right now with your card. The transcend cards are actually really good and cheap! I have a 16gb for 32 on amazon. Great little card and a huge amount of memory more than you could ask for. If you're fine with your card now though no need to replace and do you have a card reader?

So I should switch to the ultra 2 bc it would be like 60$ less and it shouldn't slow my camera down?

Yes my laptop has a card reader.

I believe so look at transcend though they have different sizes for cheap prices and they are class 6 while the ultra is class 4. I would also be careful with the laptop card reader because I hear that they can send electrical currents through the wrong place and perhaps corrupt them that is what i have read but not too sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back