my first photoshoot, and first HDR combined...

mainly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello.

im new to the forum and just thought id post a couple of pics in one of the styles im interested in - HDR.

these are my first ever attemp at HDR so if the comments are a bit harsh, thats ok. ie. - "way to overcooked"

any suggestions anyone might have on the HDR or car photography in general are welcome.

i just started taking courses in photography, and hopefully this will be a hobby for years to come.

i wanna continue to photograph cars. but id like to get to the point where i need less and less HDR. i included an unrelated shot of a park picnic table that i took as well.

i used a nikon d600, nikkor 17-35mm 2.8 lens and a polarizing filter on some of the car pics.

if i haven't posted the pics correctly, let me know. im not sure what method others used....

thanks

Attachments

• $m544.jpg
    $m544.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 171
  • $3.jpg
    $3.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 209
  • $m5 6.jpg
    $m5 6.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 184
  • $m5 3-.jpg
    $m5 3-.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 172
  • $bb.jpg
    $bb.jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 165
I like it - it's clear that you have used HDR but after some of the images I have witnessed - I can say you have definitely no overdone it ;)

If anything - it makes the BMW have a more defined body

I like it - it's clear that you have used HDR but after some of the images I have witnessed - I can say you have definitely no overdone it ;)

If anything - it makes the BMW have a more defined body

thanks. i agree.

for you're first attempt you've done great, tastefully blended exposures, i was expecting to see something overcooked.. well done. There's a tiny bit of purple/magenta cast in your whites which can be toned down but otherwise, great!

Last edited:
for you're first attempt you've done great, tastefully blended exposures, i was expecting to see something overcooked.. well done. There's a tiny bit of purple/magenta cast in your whites which can be toned down but otherwise, great!

awesome thanks, ill keep working on it.

Most reactions

Back