My first photoshoot

BrieKayee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey fellow photographers,

Anyone interested checking out some of my photos from my recent photoshoot. Would really appreciate it if you could review too :)

Thanks
BrieKayee

Attachments

• $IMG_1154.jpg
    $IMG_1154.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 86
  • $IMG_1219.jpg
    $IMG_1219.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 83
I don't find either image flattering. Back off in the photoshop and concentrate more in the actual photography. The first image has a weird color to it, a hand cropped off, is shot from an odd angle, and the lighting is harsh. The second photo- well, why are you hooting a Stephanie Meyer twilight cover? The selective color isn't enhancing the image. The fingers are out of focus.

I would work more with exposure and lighting, and try to take a flattering image instead of trying to compensate with hat tricks in post processing.

Thanks for the feedback. Well since it was my first photoshoot, I have a lots of improving.

C&C per req:

1. I like the idea/concept here, but the execution definitely has room for improvement. Until you have gained more experience, assume that your subject's will appear best when captured with the camera at their eye-level. Always try and avoid "bits" of things; in this case you have a "bit" of hand below her left elbow. I would also suggest zooming out a bit so that we can see more of the subject; the current tight crop really hurts the image IMO.

2. I think as part of a series, this might have been an occasion where selective colouring would have worked, but again, the crop is too tight and we really don't know/cant' see what's going on.

I think you're off to a good start. I would definitely try re-doing this as I think there's a lot of potential here.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Most reactions

New Topics

Back