My First Pic Post: Night exposure

240shorty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This'll be my first pic post. Nothing to extraordinary. I'm still trying to learn the camera and have been playing with the manual settings and trying to get better at low light shooting. The stars were out and the northern lights just a little, so I snapped a few shots. This one I thought was kind of interesting.

...and my little buddy on the beach on Lake Michigan (from <2", playing with the macro) :

Cute li'l bugger, isn't he?

Oh yes, I like your little friend... have you shaken his hand yet? So which finger to you NOW use to press the shutter release? ;)

My daughter will love this bugger, for his cute eyes! I know that! But she's in school now...

And you lucky ones who get to see northern lights with their own eyes. Never have I seen that ever in all my life (and that has been going on for quite some time now). Hmph.

LOL, No I didn't shake this ones hand though he sure tried to shake mine. I have before when I was younger and stupider. Walk around with a hand ornament for a little while. This guy is a tad small to eat by himself, I'd have to find his friends too.

Some people get some pretty impressive shots of the lights, they can be quite a sight. Just a little ring of green that night. I kind of liked how the coals from the fire flew, kind of random. Still a really dark image though.

Just love the second shot. I assume it is a crayfish or as they say down south a crawfish, unless there is something about Lake Michigan I need to be made aware of.

Welcome to TPF! Love the second shot I think thats about as cute as a crusteacean can look. I want to shoot the northern lights in the worst way but I don't know where to go to do it... Somebody help me out.

spike5003 said:
Welcome to TPF! Love the second shot I think thats about as cute as a crusteacean can look. I want to shoot the northern lights in the worst way but I don't know where to go to do it... Somebody help me out.

There is a couple of J's from Northern Canada, I bet they would have a good idea.

Canoncan said:
There is a couple of J's from Northern Canada, I bet they would have a good idea.

I'm down for a road trip :D

Yes indeed, a crayfish. Or crawfish, or a crawdab. Believe it or not, that's what my dad used to call 'em. He's from West Va. Southern education I guess? The lake's been down a few feet the last few years, leaving alot of shallow rocky areas with barely any water and some little ponds. The area I was at you could turn over every other rock and find some of these little guys. Most really small, only an inch or so. I was hoping to find something a little more exotic or at least a turtle; but that was the best I could do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back