*My first Pics*

Hena19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I finally got my FZ20 about a month ago!!!! I haven't gotten the chance to mess with the manual settings yet so these photos were takin with auto.

Here it goes:
p1010012dy0.jpg

Note: I am extremely hungry will post rest of the pics later :bouncy:

Good pic but the duck in the back seems to be out of focus try opening up your depth of field a little bit.

actually the ducks were traveling fast, 2-3 ducks had already gone by so thats y the other one is cut off

Ripnowell45 said:
Good pic but the duck in the back seems to be out of focus try opening up your depth of field a little bit.

How do you open up the depth of field?

Starlite said:
How do you open up the depth of field?

It's controlled by the apereture... I would explain it, but Wikipedia does a nice job, below...

The aperture stop of a photographic lens can be adjusted to control the amount of light reaching the film or image sensor. In combination with variation of shutter speed, the aperture size will regulate the film's degree of exposure to light. Typically, a fast shutter speed will require a larger aperture to ensure sufficient light exposure, and a slow shutter speed will require a smaller aperture to avoid excessive exposure.

Diagram of decreasing aperture sizes (increasing f-numbers) for "full stop" increments (factor of two aperture area per stop)

A device called a diaphragm usually serves as the aperture stop, and controls the aperture. The diaphragm functions much like the iris of the eye—it controls the effective diameter of the lens opening. Reducing the aperture size increases the depth of field, which describes the extent to which subject matter lying closer than or farther from the actual plane of focus appears to be in focus. In general, the smaller the aperture (the larger the number), the greater the distance from the plane of focus the subject matter may be while still appearing in focus.
The lens aperture is usually specified as an f-number, the ratio of focal length to effective aperture diameter. A lens typically has a set of marked "f-stops" that the f-number can be set to. A lower f-number denotes a greater aperture opening which allows more light to reach the film or image sensor.
Aperture priority refers to a shooting mode used in semi-automatic cameras. It allows the photographer to choose an aperture setting and allow the camera to decide the correct shutter speed. This is sometimes referred to as Aperture Priority Auto Exposure, A mode, Av mode, or semi-auto mode.[1]

[FONT=Georgia,serif]f/[/FONT]32 - narrow aperture and low shutter speed

[FONT=Georgia,serif]f/[/FONT]5 - wide aperture and high shutter speed

Hena19 said:
So I finally got my FZ20 about a month ago!!!! I haven't gotten the chance to mess with the manual settings yet so these photos were takin with auto.
The EXIF says you also used manual White Balance. Yet the pic I see is very blue. Auto Levels improves it a lot already.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back