My first picture post

alpinestarhero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I'm new, and although I'm a bit shy about puting up some of my pictures, I gotta do it sometime. Any thoughts or sugestions on any of the images are welcome, I'm here to learn!

These first few were taken at Brands Hatch race track, at the british superbikes round in mid-may

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0282.jpg

I think that last one could do with cropping to take the other bike out of shot and keep the emphasis on the white padgets honda there.

HPIM0657.jpg

This next one was printed in the motorcycle magazine "Performance Bikes"!!

HPIM0653.jpg

HPIM0662.jpg

Thats all for now, I have some more. Not all of those pics were taken with my nikon; some where taken with my girlfreinds (very simple) compact HP camera, but I think they came out good

Thanks,

Matt

honestly, all but the first action shots look soft and there's something distracting in the foreground of most of them, too.

the one you had printed is pretty good though! i'm not a big fan of the centered composition but its a nice location

Thanks molsen; I guess some of the can be cropped to sort that out, I'll have a fiddle.

How can I "solve" the softness?

Matt

It probably means its not focusing very well.. either that or when your camera locks on.. its not constantly refocusing to the bike.

^^^ yes. or it could be some motion blur, too. those machines move awfully fast.

make sure you're using as fast of a shutter speed as possible and your autofocus is set to continuous mode. even then, you're going to get out-of-focus shots - even with pro bodies...so take lots of shots!

It probably means its not focusing very well.. either that or when your camera locks on.. its not constantly refocusing to the bike.

yea; i guess its pretty hard to keep re-focussing manually aswell.

I'll pop back to brands hatch sometime and practise more :)

Will try the faster shutter speeds too. I guess its all trial and error. Still, gives me an excuse to go to race meetings :)

Cheers guys for your help

Matt

Softness aside, I like the panning in the last racing shot.

Most reactions

Back