My First Portrait Shoot

Holly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was to get a little more practice in... My problem today.. Sun, clouds, sun, clouds.. It just wouldnt stay Cloudy!!! I was loving the clouds... SO with that said I had a heck of a time keeping my camera well adjusted.. I think I did goooood :) BUT wanted to share them for some more experienced photographers! This was a shoot I was going to do before but emergancy came up and she had to cancel... Im not going to load them all here.. I put them on the webpage... :) Please give your thoughts !! :) Thanks

http://www.vapack922.org/photography1/reyna.html#_self

You got some really great shots! I really like the one of the boys laying in the grass with their feet in focus. I also like the family shot of all of them on the top row. Did you use a fill flash? That was one thing that I noticed, the eyes in a few seemed a bit dark/sunken which could be fixed by a fill flash. I am sure Mom is going to be very happy with these!

I love the feet in the grass one too! What a perfect combination...puppy and two little boys:) Just one suggestion though, I wouldn't include so many images of the boys looking down. Sometimes a shot looks good with someone looking down, but in most of these, it just looks to me like they just wouldn't look up at the camera for you. Also, the close up of the hand holding looks really pixelated to me. Great job overall!

hi holly , i know you said you wanted feedback from 'more experienced photographers', but i thought i'd let you know what mere me thought too!!
My favourite i think is of the feet too - cute and also liked the b&w of the boys looking down the road and the posed ones sitting on the road are cute too. I bet they loved them!!!! Well done...
finally for my inevitable question ... how did you do the viewing gallery/webpage/whatever you call it... this looks great!!! Would love to do something similar so feel free to pm me any 'how to's' if you have the time xx i am taking -client can view these over the net and order from here is that right? I suppose the smaller size prevents the chance of them just editing out your watermark for copying too?? Sorry about the questions but i just gotta ask! lol jemma x

Thanks ladies!

Children looking down.. I Guess I should have explained this a bit more... The oldest has adhd and well he wouldnt sit still for anyone... NOT even his mom... SHe told me before Istarted that they may not look right at me.. Same for Child two.. He is a bit more autistic.. There are times when he just wasnt *With us* he was in his own world.. THIS is her first time getting portraits done with him.. She warned me and I Told her I would try my best to get what I can of them.. She stated she would be happy to just get ANY Good pictures I could of them.. I Totally understand what she was going through.. I Grew up dealing with this...

YES The hands one looks pixeled.. I Tried to get a good one with out it, but no luck... She did want to see it anyway..

I think you did a fantastic job. I know several autistic children and my oldest son was thought to have a mild form of it when he was younger. It can be a challenge to say the least and I know Mom will be very happy!

Thanks!! I just got an email from you. She is VERY VERY Excited and thrilled about the photographs.. Her words,,, Im so overwhelmed by your talent how do I pick just a few? Im thrilled to say the least!

Alison said:
You got some really great shots! I really like the one of the boys laying in the grass with their feet in focus.
ditto.

really nice series Holly!

something calls my attention about your pics: usually kids dont look good in b&w, but you make them look really good in the last ones.

just one critique: the watermark is too big, it covers almost the half of the photos.

Thanks ladies!!! Will have to do a smaller watermark thanks!

Holly said:
Her words,,, Im so overwhelmed by your talent how do I pick just a few?

GOOD for you! I always tell my clients,"That's a good problem!"

You did some nice stuff. And, congrats on getting the cooperation with the clothing.

Nicely done.

Pete

Most reactions

Back