my first post, a gang of pics. C&C please.

JTNphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! Glad to be part of the TPF community! I finally picked up my first DSLR, Canon t2i/550d with 18-55mm lens kit. Went hiking the other day and brought some pics back with me. Any tips, or suggestions are more than welcome. Enjoy! btw, just ordered the ever so affordable canon 50mm 1.8!

IMG_5043.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg

IMG_4997.jpg

IMG_5002.jpg

IMG_5067.jpg

4,7, and 8 are the best i think i like the second one to what mode did you take these photo's with. Try playing in manual mode a little and adjust the apeture and shutter and play with that a little and see what you can do 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, and 11 have some spots in them that are over exposed there isn't a whole hell of alot you can do about them now.

I made the mistake when I got my canon powershot sx10 is i was new and shot in auto and in alot of the outdoor ones there were areas that were over exposed

WAY to many for C&C... Try to stick to 3-4 pics (or less) for more C&C....

That being said, I think I like 6 & 11 best.... I see potential in them...

I wish I the deer was more of "the" focus... I kind of lose him in the foreground/background... But I understand that sometimes with wildlife you have to take the shot in less than perfect circumstances.

As for #11... I like the scene a lot... But the lighting makes it a tough shot... I think it would look better at a different time of day or if the sun where hidden by a few clouds...

just keep shooting

the coast shots are too bright imho - finishing on a good note i like the woods picture as well

The coast shot would be good with a little less sky I think. I also like the last shot of the woods, but think it is a little underexposed. Your main problems seem to be focus/sharpness, contrast, and exposure. Read up on exposure and things like overexposue, HDR, metering etc. Also try to work on your focus. These are all very soft. Contrast can be adjusted in post and I am sure with the lens you are using, I wouldn't expect too stellar of results without some post processing. Also, do some reading on composition and common techniques used. These can be useful, and also try to make sure you do not have distracting foreground elements in the shot.

I am on my laptop with super bright screen, so my advice on exposure ( whether you need to be over or under ) may be off, I can tell however, that you have many blown out areas and the rest of the issues I mentioned still stand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back