My first selfportrait - Critic please :)

moshibine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
G]
DSC_0010presize1.jpg
[/IMG]

I would try it in vertical mode. Not sure what you are using for a diffuser as the shadow is harsh. I like the angle you chose, nice looking and friendly look.
-
Shoot well, Joe

Next time if you are using an external flash, bounce it instead of pointing it directly. Very pretty.

oh what lovely color eyes you have...wait...

Were you holding the camera?I'm also assuming you were using the POP up flash........My worthless .02..........The population flash is only good for scaring the kids or triggering an off camera flash (as in the case with Nikon's CLS). Either use the flash off of the camera, or use ambient to suit your needs. Also, the best investment I have made (other than a wedding ring) was a decent tripod. I can't recommend one highly enough.

I, myself like it. You're a beautiful girl, would like to see more photos of you. :)

eeeeasy there, creepah...

i agree that a vertical orientation might suit it well.
nice bw conversion. :thumbup:

your avatar is framed better

lol at the comments...you are not upleasant to view, agree but the light is very harsh and doesn't do you justice. The frame is ok and expression is nice.

I would take one in portrait rather than landscape but like it - different!

You are very pretty. I like the expression on your face.

However, the dead space to the right needs to go. The shadows are harsh. The highlights on your face are blown. The wrinkles on your neck do not do you justice.

Try pulling some of the hair from behind your neck and letting it drape down your right shoulder. Turn the camera to portrait orientation and get your whole head. Use some nice ambient light and kill the flash.

Self portraits are difficult. We are not at the viewfinder to judge either framing, exposure, focus or pose. Job well done in my opinion.

I still recall some exceptional and sometimes provocative self portrait work from 2 - 3 years back by a lady with the moniker 'Myalover".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back