My First Senior Portrait Session (11 images)

VERY nice, Zach!

Especially nice are 1,2,4 and 9. There's not much I can add to what has been said already.

My only nit-pick is the poses with her shoulder directly at the camera might have benefited for a slight turn.

The lighting looks good! You should be proud.

-Pete

Hey, thanks Pete! And thanks for all the pointers leading up to this - I feel like I'm finally on to something.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the pose on #5, either. I took several from there, some in which she was turned more, and maybe I should have posted one of those instead.

Glad you approve - I'm already looking forward to my next shoot!

great job! #7 is my fav.

Thanks! That was a fun shot to do. The girl's mom was just out of frame, throwing the bear over and over again, and for some reason she just couldn't stop laughing. They really wanted this shot, though, and I was being pretty picky. This was probably attempt #10 or so.

What made you choose a yellow background?

She described to me what she envisioned, with this sort of "Bye Bye Birdie" theme in mind (the legs in the air, the rotary-dial phone, etc.), and I just thought the yellow background would suit the scene well, especially given the bright green phone and the colorful outfit she chose. These were just supposed to be the "fun" pictures we took after the more "traditional" ones were out of the way, and I thought the yellow would boost that fun mood. It just seemed like something I wouldn't normally see in senior portraits, and I thought I'd give it a try.

Yeah, Craig, that bright yellow's not for everyone, I know. Fortunately, the girl and her mother liked it a lot - a lot more than me, too, I'd say. I've showed them a few pics now, and they are very pleased.

And thanks ericdrichards, glad you like them.

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread - I wanted to post a new picture, but didn't feel like it deserved a new thread.

I finished processing this girl's senior pictures, and am getting ready to send them away to be printed in a proof book. Someone told me I should really make a cover, and that they are often these composite-type images.

Just wondering, before I send this thing off (since I've never made one before) - Does this look okay? I'm pretty sure this is kind of what that person was talking about ...

CoverMeAgain.jpg

I think it would help the pictures stand out from the background more if they had thin borders around them. Or one thin border around each row on either side.

I think it would help the pictures stand out from the background more if they had thin borders around them. Or one thin border around each row on either side.

Hm, hadn't thought of that - good idea!
I'll give that a try.

wow !! amazing lighting!

Thanks, Zendianah! Glad ya like them.

I'd avoid two shots with the umbrella if possible.

These shots are great! You know how to make seniors look mad freshh ;o)

These shots are great! You know how to make seniors look mad freshh ;o)

Thanks a lot Minkster! But you know, this is, as of now, my one and only senior portrait session. Continuing to keep it freshh - Now that's gonna be the challenge.

Most reactions

Back