My First Senior Session

manderb1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bollingersphotography.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thank you all for the advice on my earlier post. Her are some additional shots taken. I was wondering how did I do for my first senior! Thanks!
editDSC_0327copy.jpg

editDSC_0329copy.jpg

editDSC_0331copy.jpg

editDSC_03561.jpg

editDSC_0363.jpg

editDSC_0366.jpg

C&C per req:

My first comment is in fact a question: Why have your ISO set so high? Granted, that 640 isn't out of the question for a D80, but if you can get shutter speeds of 1/600 or greater, it seems to me that it would have been prudent to reduce your ISO to at least 320.
1. Nice image, good work on the eyes. I like the lighting in this one, nice and even; appropriate for the pose.

2. Two things strike me about this one: (1) She's squinting - watch the sun's effect on your subjects, and (2) DoF; too much of it. This one should have been at a much larger apeture to reduce the DoF, or by backing up a bit and using a telephoto. Either would have solved it and reduced the distraction of the background.

3. Nice, but a little strong on the highlights in her hair, and much too soft.

4. Good lighting and better DoF, but the expression really doesn't work. She looks quite unhappy in this image. I think it might also have been better cropped slightly higher on the bottom.

5. Cute pose/expression, but again too much DoF and slightly over-exposed. Make sure you know what you're metering, especially when the model is wearing white/light coloured clothing.

6. I really like this one, but again a little over-exposed. It would have been nice to have her looking slightly toward the camera as well.

Overall, I'd say you did quite well. The poses and exposure are good, with just a few minor technical considerations.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

I agree with all of the above comments, except maybe the last one. I don't know if I would be looking at a camera and kicking water around. I for one, would fall on my ass ;)

I also don't like the sun dappling (shade and sun spots) on her face in #2.

She's a cute girl. I hope to do some senior (girl) pics soon too. I think I may go to a local seminar on senior shooting techniques as well.

Thank you for the advice. I will watch the highlights next time. I realize what you are saying about the DOF now, I didn't realize how distracting it was until you pointing it out.

Here's my opinion,

#1 I think the eyes are a little too bright. The idea is correct, but they look just a tad extreme. Plus, her right eye is brighter than her left eye. When I brighten the eyes, I try to do a little brightening on the teeth as well. Just seems to level out the face with post.

#3 is out of focus.

#4, & 5 are nice

#6 if you look at her face, it is a little soft, and that needs to be what's the very most in focus.

I also notice some inconsistencies (I'm not sure if that's how you spell it:lol:). In one pic there's great PP done (i.e. her eyes) and in some pics there seems to be no PP done at all like on #4.

thanks twocolor. I am new at Photoshop, so any pointers would be appreciated! Do you know any links or anything to help improve my PS skills?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back