My first Shoot ( 2x Ford Fiesta's)

kennysghost

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well this is my first shot at it.. Please feel free to give me some tips.. ect ect..

095kj2jfdknwwd6lf1c8.jpg

ptk66a5xz9288da0mkq0.jpg

8nt4pnqunzhvby9g9mgu.jpg

61j0ftdrqsgse3f03v69.jpg

Last edited:
You should cut down on the amount of photos posted if you want good critiques and comments.

you used a point and shoot? Blown skies, harsh shadows, your exposure are all over the place and the post processings are no good. Sorry man...

White objects are always hard to photograph. I'd try HDR if I were you.

Also, crop/composition needs improvement. A lot of corners are cut-off unnecessarily.

Well. Thats why Im here.. To learn! Thanks Guy. Will give your Advice a go next time.

@Schwettylens used a FujiFilm S1800

Film eh? Well you did better than I said then cause I have no idea how to use one LOL.

I agree with the other posters; the contrast is way too high.
Try shooting at a different time of day; what some photographers that I know do is shoot at night and do long exposures.

I agree with the other posters; the contrast is way too high.
Try shooting at a different time of day; what some photographers that I know do is shoot at night and do long exposures.

It was mid day in sunny SA... Thanks fot the comment .. A tip I will use for my next shoot!

Midday isn't good for much that isn't in a studio or somewhere that doesn't reflect the harsh lighting.

Have a look at your first pic; along the side of the car there is a messy looking reflection from the side mirror halfway along the car. Then while the bonnet is blown out you've lost shadow detail for the rear wheel.

Third is best to me; but it feels that the rear of the car is disappearing into the shadow at the rear there. Same issue with blown highlights too. P&S = 8 bit jpeg - the extra latitude of raw would be really useful here. HDR was suggested and can be used well but you may be able to get enough in one exposure if you could shoot raw.

The fourth has the most compositional issues if you ask me (I'd like a bit more symmetry in the first two though...). It feels very cramped; the antenna of the far car is cut; it looks bad for the wheel and side view mirror of the close car too. If you were to try this sort of shot again I'd look at positioning the far car more towards camera left and have a 3:2 crop instead of closer to 1:1 so you can see onto the door of the rear car.

Any lit carparks open at night near you? You could get some interesting lighting there potentially. If you're aim is car ad style lighting; well, I'm lead to believe that a lot of that is now done cg to get the lighting for it.

Wow.. Thanks For the Comments Tyler.. The kind of Tips and suggestions I was looking for... Like I said im really new @ this so.. Any help is much appreciated... I will be doing another shoot soon.. I will def try out you Ideas and tips!!..

Thanks a million times!!!

Most reactions

Back