My First shot of my POS Car.

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My POS 2003 Jaguar X-Type AWD With the Pentax K3 & kit lens 18-135. I got wiped out with some frigging flu like bug and I was literally off my feet for a few days and still feel like crap.This is my first out door test shot and car shot ever after taken delivery march 31. So far it seems to be a fantastic crop sensor camera.It's a smaller compact camera then my FF 6D yet ways 30 ounces more, a little mini tank of build quality. This is a Jpeg cropped but otherwise SOOC defaults except ISO NR turned off and shadow correction off. It looks nice and sharp to me with AA filter turned off or should say the lack of. This little under dog is a big dog IMO just a quiet one.Now I just need reach for the birdies, but I will wait to be sure its a keeper,to early to tell.
IMGP0108 by DarkShadow191145, on Flickr

Last edited:
one of my biggest pet peeves of car photogrtahpy is when the face of the wheel is turned away from the camera.

I'd get lower and shot it at more of a 2/3rds angle.

here's one I did:

The WRX
by The Braineack, on Flickr

Yea I see your point,so turned in the wheel well rather the out Would show off the rim better and of any logos.How do you get annoying glare of glass windows in general in PP? Cute little Car looks good on gas.

polarizing filter.

Thanks Braineack.

Cute little Car looks good on gas.

WRX are ~240-270 hp 2.5L turbo charged engines. They're based on rally car world beaters.

I sold my 240rwhp miata after I bought it. I'm running closer to 270AWD power as I'm running 18psi over the factory 13psi. it's fun.

My friend had a beautifully restored 1970 Chevy Nova SS back when we where much younger.He went to pick up his girl friend at a local Bowling Alley,he went inside for maybe 5 minutes and when he returned to his car it was gone and never to be found again.It was stolen so quick in broad daylight in a busy parking lot.I never seen a man cry so hard.

still a cool car. Along with the above comments it appears too close to the background for my tastes and the vertical lines from the trees aren't helping the image.

Umm and that is why its in a just for Fun and not a generally gallery.:1247: the Car was just the guinea pig for the K-3 since it's really really difficult to shoot my passion wildlife Birds with a 18-135. If I do shoot a car again it won't be on the side of a main road and I will certainly put it in the general gallery for C&C. Thanks for the C&C anyways.

Last edited:
Umm and that is why its in a just for Fun and not a generally gallery.:1247: the Car was just the guinea pig for the K-3 since it's really really difficult to shoot my passion wildlife Birds with a 18-135. If I do shoot a car again it won't be on the side of a main road and I will certainly put it in the general gallery for C&C. Thanks for the C&C anyways.
i figured as much, just thought i would toss that in. How are you liking the k3?

So far,loving it.
you think it was a bargain for the price? Or about right? i was wondering how it compared in dxo or whatever but haven't bothered looking it up. waiting for your in depth review.

Most reactions

Back