My first shots as a newbie.

sirsteezo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just recently purchased a canon rebel xT 350D.

I was out and about in my area of Virginia Beach.
These are my very first photos.
Please, C&C! no editing, just straight from the camera. hope you enjoy.

1).
IMG_7912.jpg

2).
IMG_7911.jpg

3).
(My Lady In Red)
IMG_7897.jpg

4).
IMG_7887.jpg

5).
IMG_7719.jpg

6).
IMG_7879.jpg

7).
IMG_7865.jpg

8).
IMG_7845.jpg

9).
IMG_7846.jpg

10).
IMG_7829.jpg

11).
(My girlfriend, love of my life)
IMG_7761.jpg

12).
IMG_7734.jpg

Nice first shots, you obviously like your cars and architectual landscapes, which is a great thing to start with, because you can quickly learn the correct lighting benifits.

Make sure you control your angle choices, as they can make the main focus look a little off.

I really liked the 7th picture alot, however it needs to be straightened, and it would get alot more praise if that scratched pipe was out of view, so maybe go in a little closer and you'll have a great shot on your hands.

Now I'm not gonna go all lesbian here, but your girlfriend has amazing eyes, I'd deffinitly do more shots of her to practise with portraits if I were you!

Great start overall, deffinitly keep at it and you'll go far.

Nice first shots, you obviously like your cars and architectual landscapes, which is a great thing to start with, because you can quickly learn the correct lighting benifits.

Make sure you control your angle choices, as they can make the main focus look a little off.

I really liked the 7th picture alot, however it needs to be straightened, and it would get alot more praise if that scratched pipe was out of view, so maybe go in a little closer and you'll have a great shot on your hands.

Now I'm not gonna go all lesbian here, but your girlfriend has amazing eyes, I'd deffinitly do more shots of her to practise with portraits if I were you!

Great start overall, deffinitly keep at it and you'll go far.

thank you so much for the feedback!
yea I was outside for about an hour taking shot after shot but that's no excuse for a photographer wanting to learn! Yea# #7 is off that I look at it. I will practice getting closer and watching my angles as well. and thank you for the compliment about my girl's eyes. I will take that into consideration and practice more portrait shots as well.

After I get the hang of things, I eventually need to buy a tripod, and some more lenses as well. thanks!

your gf has beautiful eyes

Yeah...I like the idea behind #7 but it needs to be straightened (easily done in photoshop).

Also I'd like it better if the entire thing was in focus. Were you holding your camera, or did you have a tripod? If you did have a tripod, close up the aperture and use a longer exposure and everything should focus a little better.

Subject matter, focus, contrast, framing, exposure, and lighting. It all needs allot of work! find better subjects first, these are pretty boring. imo

I agree with most of the others above. With a new toy in hand it's easy to overlook the fundamentals. If you are unsure what the fundamentals you can keep asking questions and posting photos to get better grounded. I would also recommend the book Undersatnding Exposure to really explain what those basics are.

Subject matter, focus, contrast, framing, exposure, and lighting. It all needs allot of work! find better subjects first, these are pretty boring. imo

a5, I know you've been called on this before. The guidelines for the general gallery are: A gallery for sharing photos and getting feedback, including general critique. For anybody with half a brain, commenting on someone's post with a new camera and obviously new to the art, discretion, decorum and gentle nudging is the approach to take. Encourage to do better. Is you insistent barrage of attacks an attempt to hide your own frailties or is there more that you have issues with. How about leaving that attitude at the doorstep when you login to TPF and offer some constructive comments.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
hahaahaha. yeah i think the lighting is really cool and u choose some interesting angles. which is a good thing. yeah why do some people on this site have such arrogance? u should be encouraging not a snob

I like 6, 8 and 9 a lot.

I'm a skins fan too, btw.

I like 8 the best...
I live near DC as well. I dont like the skins, but my dad is a huge fan :)

Typical of a users first shots a lot of them seem a little blurry and lacking interest. But stay snap-happy, I started with the same camera, it's a lot of fun. Move off of the green square as fast as you can!

1) I have no self issues, and for you to assume that it quite rude. I wasn't using my attitude. Everything I said needed to be done if he wants to improve. Isn't that what this is all about. Im not going to beat around the bush, being mare harsh is how we get better, ***** footing around it isn't going to help him.

... said:
a5, I know you've been called on this before. The guidelines for the general gallery are: A gallery for sharing photos and getting feedback, including general critique. Is you insistent barrage of attacks an attempt to hide your own frailties or is there more that you have issues with. How about leaving that attitude at the doorstep when you login to TPF and offer some constructive comments.[/COLOR]

yeah why do some people on this site have such arrogance? u should be encouraging not a snob
Im not being arrogant at all. Everything I said was true and needed to be worked on. If he listens to what I said it will help him allot. I'm not being a snob in the least, I gave him useful and to the point information. If you wouldn't like that in order to get better then get off here.

1) I have no self issues, and for you to assume that it quite rude. I wasn't using my attitude. Everything I said needed to be done if he wants to improve. Isn't that what this is all about. Im not going to beat around the bush, being mare harsh is how we get better, ***** footing around it isn't going to help him.

Im not being arrogant at all. Everything I said was true and needed to be worked on. If he listens to what I said it will help him allot. I'm not being a snob in the least, I gave him useful and to the point information. If you wouldn't like that in order to get better then get off here.

You're nothing but a ball of arrogance. Where is the constructive part of the equation? You offered no point of reference for the OP to improve on what you considered:

Where is the subjectiveness of the critique? Wait, let me answer that. There is none. You seem to have the approach of hit and run. You apparently love yourself so much by demeaning others, that you forget that emotions do hang in the balance.

Ohoooo, Ahaaaa, that's it, that's it. You are so insecure with your own abilities, that the only way you can enforce the feeling of superiority, you must make the unwashed multitude accept their place in your eyes.

a5, you and your comments are pointless, meaningless and do not add value to any conversation I've witnessed. Don't let my numbers fool you either.

Apologies sirteezo for highjacking your obvious well intentioned thread. I would hope that you can take this response for what it is. Congrats on the new camera. Take loads and loads of photos. Post your photos here and be earnest in wanting to improve on your skills. There are plenty of people that will be happy to guide you through the confusing parts of taking better photos. Just be mindful of trolls that lurk around.

Most reactions

Back