My first shower. (meteor) seeking astro tips

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Big kudos to mrs zulu for getting up at 230am for reports of good stargazing with a meteor shower possible..

Seeking C&C and general tips on shooting and post processing basic astrophotography

I used D800 with my widest lens 18mm wide open. All were 30 second exposures. Tried ISO between 2000 and 3200. I had trouble with focus. I read to try live view and zoom in on a star, but was unable to see any stars on the live view, or in the viewfinder. I used trial and error of letting the camera autofocus and using a few settings around the area of the infinity mark.

In post, generous use of the clarity and dehaze, as well as boosting highlights and whites along with Auto WB looked best...?

I wished for better foreground interest- but I couldn't find my pre-scouted spot in the dark! Only caught a few little meteors.

C&C is most welcome thanks for looking
My first shower-1.jpg

My first shower-1-2.jpg

My first shower-1-3.jpg

These are awesome! I need to try this sometime.

These are awesome! I need to try this sometime.

Thank you! I was hoping for a nice bright streak, but it's luck of the draw. I shot about 45 minutes of 30 second exposures.

Big kudos to mrs zulu for getting up at 230am ...

Very nice; I'd like to try this, but I'm pretty sure there's no "2.30am" on my clock!

There probably is a 230am on your clock, but no need to investigate.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back