My first silver gelatin print

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, my first scan of my first (actually not the real first, but one of the first) silver gelatin print.

The actual print has more shadow detail, and this is a crappy scan from a 3 in 1 machine, but, I'm very happy none-the-less. This was for my first project, "framed".

Let me know what you think :)

marge_steps.jpg

I can see where the scanning has made the transitions into steps rather than smooth...but I can imagine that the print looks great. I like how the stairs fade off into shadow in contrast to the directional light falling on Marge. Nice work.

I love it! :lol: But then, I knew you'd rock at analog photography, too. ;)

Last thing you need to worry about is explaining the various ways scanning gorgeous prints can alter their look. It can drive ya nuts! I am betting this print is to die for IRL.

All right, mister digital man.....tell us how you like the darkroom. Are you enjoying the hands-on experience under the red (or amber) lights? :)

Thanks everyone :)

Terri, I'm loving it. The only thing I don't like is sharing the darkroom with 15 other people, and waiting in line to develop my print, and then of course watching someone drop their print into the developer and not even agitate, but just walk away, or leave it in the stop bath for several minutes, EEK! It's been a lot of fun though. I shot my 2nd project with my Mamiya M645, and I'm going to develop that on Saturday, and hopefully make a print the same day. I've been taking it slow, and making sure I know what I'm doing, but now having a print made and mounted, I'm much more confident. I'll be ordering chemicals soon, and finishing off my at-home darkroom, so I can have more freedom.

:D :D :D

Most reactions

Back