My first SLR photo... Nikon D5000

mn5503

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have 20+ point and shoot digtal cameras. I've been building my own "trail cameras", using Sony cyber-shot cameras, for about 5 years. They have captured some amazing photo's and I've even managed to win a few contests. I had a national magazine express interest in my photos only to go 100% cold shoulder when I told them how I obtained them. They couldn't believe I was going to let them use a particular photo (free of charge) until they found out it was a photo from one of my remote cams. Never heard another word from them:lol: I have found some of my pics on websites without my permission too.

So...the time has come to get into the game and be there when the picture is taken. I've had an interest in photography for quite some time and always wanted to start shooting better pictures.

I finally made the move to an SLR cam and purchased a Nikon D5000 after a lot of research. Not easy for a "Sony guy" to jump ship but I compared the entry level Nikon cams to the A series Sony's and I prefered the Nikon, MUCH more. I read David Busch's NIKON D5000 "Guide to Digital SLR Photography" before my camera arrived and found there is much to learn. I'm looking forward to getting to know SLR photography in depth. Hopefully, someday, I'll be able to take excellent pictures like the ones I've seen on this site, I plan on getting plenty of practice. I'm lucky to live in an area that affords some spectacular and diverse scenery for outdoors shots.

So here I am, ready to learn. Just unpacked the camera and lens' and took a picture of my lab sitting on the front porch. I have about a million ideas floating around in my head, I need a LOT more time with this format to be able to capture them how I imagine them.

This site has been very helpful already:thumbup:

DSC_0004-1.jpg

Last edited:
Another Minnesotan, welcome!

Quite possibly from my home town judging by the screen name :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back