My first special portrait

Benjamin Silaghi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Caught this with my Fuji Finepix HS-30 EXR. My first genuine portrait with my 10 year old sister. Any constructive criticism is welcome.
Sister portrait.jpg

Welcome to the forum! :D
As a first special portrait it's good. You seem to have an eye for an interesting shot.
But... you asked for constructive criticism so... you have stray hairs across her eye and across her face. Those could have been eliminated with a little attention to detail before taking the shot (I still do that sometimes so you're not alone). There are a couple more on the left of the image by her mouth which almost makes it look like she has whiskers. Top right something pink (a ribbon) is dangling into the shot and is distracting. All these could be fairly easily fixed in Photoshop but it would be simpler to take care of these little things before shooting. Was she wearing some kind of a hat or hood? The right side of her head (where there should logically be hair) looks pinkish, blown out and fuzzy; that's distracting. Think about trying a black and white conversion on this.

Keep up the good work, keep shooting and sharing! I learned most of what I know about photography on this forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back