My first successful(?) IR shots...

bytch_mynickname

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been messing around with my Hoya R72 IR filter and finally got some results I am somewhat happy with. My first couple of attemps were complete flops so this is encouraging to me. ..finally!

IMG_2457a.jpg

IMG_2446a.jpg

IMG_2470a.jpg

4. How do I get rid of the tilt in this picture? It seems as though it would be simple to do but I am having some troubles.
IMG_2429a.jpg

IMG_2349a.jpg

6. Just a picture of my friend's tattoo, I thought it was interesting because it is completely colored in but with the IR, only the blue shows up. I wish I would have taken a normal picture to compare it with.
IMG_2425a.jpg

Please tell me what I could do to improve these pictures. Thanks

Sorry about the screwy picture sizes, photobucket at its best again.

macawlvr said:
If you have Photoshop it's a good program to use to get rid of tilt.

I have photoshop but I don't know how to get rid of the tilt. I am still learning.

Now that I go back and look at these pictures, they seem a little flat, especially 2, 3, and 4.

use the marquee tool and select the entire image. The just hit ctrl+t and it will allow you to move it. This is otherwise known as the transform feature (edit->transform ->rotate). simply move your cursor outside of the picture and click and drag. I like to pull down a ruler line to somewhere horizontal (the roof edge in this shot) and align them.

While they may still look a little flat in colours, the one that had the tilt (which Dana, the GunSmoke, corrected for you here) "hits the nail on the head" - really! I like that one best of all and the sky was much to your advantage when you went out for your IR shoot! Very nice!

LaFoto said:
While they may still look a little flat in colours, the one that had the tilt (which Dana, the GunSmoke, corrected for you here) "hits the nail on the head" - really! I like that one best of all and the sky was much to your advantage when you went out for your IR shoot! Very nice!

Thank You, those are words of encouragement to me.

Most reactions

Back