My first sunset

sam_justice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.samueljustice.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are the two (out of 94) that I liked the most, I think playing around with the white balance on shoot is one of the most fun things to do in sunsets, the results can be incredibly different.
One of my last shoots with my D50 before the D90 arrives this week!

C&C?

Also one thing was worrying me, the histogram was going mental, is it just the intensity of the sun?
histo.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

Both nice shots ! I love sunsets and sunrises.

The first is really nice, although it is quite dark in the sky. You might want to mask the sun and brighten the sky some, as that would bring out the rays going up above the cloud some more and would make the photo look even more glorious (I think).

The first is really nice, although it is quite dark in the sky. You might want to mask the sun and brighten the sky some, as that would bring out the rays going up above the cloud some more and would make the photo look even more glorious (I think).

How about this?

DSC_0094-1.jpg

Sam
Where was the focal point when you shot the first sunset?

One thing to think of is cropping the first image to remove the top portion of the photo.

When you take your meter reading, be sure the sun isn't in the frame. Your meter is overcompensating for the brightness of the sun. that could be what is causing the histogram to freak out too.

I prefer the portrait style over the landscape one...

However, I agree it is a bit dark...If you do an "auto white balance" adjustment using gimp, It looks pretty good. Your edited version is better... But the AWB adjustment in Gimp really does a good job with this photo.

I didn't want to post it because you don't specify whether or not its ok to edit your photos... For the record I deleted it immediately after doing the edit... I just wanted to see what it looked like before I commented.

I prefer the portrait style over the landscape one...

However, I agree it is a bit dark...If you do an "auto white balance" adjustment using gimp, It looks pretty good. Your edited version is better... But the AWB adjustment in Gimp really does a good job with this photo.

I didn't want to post it because you don't specify whether or not its ok to edit your photos... For the record I deleted it immediately after doing the edit... I just wanted to see what it looked like before I commented.

My photos are absolutely fine to edit :)

Sweet. :) Well if you don't like it... thats is ok. It is your photo adter all... I just think it looks more natural... like what your eyes would have seen... But as usual... thats just my opinion.

Either way, it is a nice photo. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back